Tremec tr-6060 power limit

lovin'myshelby

Established Member
Alright gentlemen stupid question I am building the bottom end on my 2010 Shelby with that being said I want to push more power. Now my question is how much power can the tr-6060 hold?? What have y'all pushed it to and how long did it last before it went out??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
It's rated to 650-700 ftlbs by Tremec. They will live at higher levels though. Several companies perform rebuild/upgrades so they can reliably take more power.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
A lot of it depends on how your shift it, and how aggressive of a clutch disc you run.

lovin'myshelby

Established Member
A lot of it depends on how your shift it, and how aggressive of a clutch disc you run.
Well I will changing out the clutch and installing a new slave cylinder and a twin disk Mcleod rxt. Rated at 1,000hp but I will never reach those numbers. I'll probably hit 760rwhp or maybe even 800rwhp and call it a day.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Blue Diamond, member on here, leaned on his 6060 hard before switching to a auto setup. Might see if he will respond to a PM.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Well I will changing out the clutch and installing a new slave cylinder and a twin disk Mcleod rxt. Rated at 1,000hp but I will never reach those numbers. I'll probably hit 760rwhp or maybe even 800rwhp and call it a day.

I made high 700's, mid 800's and right at 1,000 whp for a while on my Hellion GT500 with stock clutch, slave, trans, driveshaft, and it never skipped a beat even with launches off the two step.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I made high 700's, mid 800's and right at 1,000 whp for a while on my Hellion GT500 with stock clutch, slave, trans, driveshaft, and it never skipped a beat even with launches off the two step.

Did you do any strengthening to your timing system? (Timing gears, chains etc)

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
No. Stock longblock with ARP studs and a Melling pump. Not saying it will work for everyone, or would last forever, or even that I recommend it - that's just my experience.

lovin'myshelby

Established Member
That's bad ass man!!!! This gives me hope that my transmission won't go out. I'm spending a little over $7k on getting the bottom end rebuilt I don't want to spend another $4k on the tranny right after. Thanks for the info guys!!! This really helps!!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Turbos are easier on the crankshaft and timing components. The shear mass and rotating energy of the supercharger's blades spinning, while bouncing off the rev limiter is not the same, as a turbo set up. I'm betting the farm, that the new GT500 will be turboed.

Users who are viewing this thread