Tremec's website says not to use aftremarket shifter, if you do, remove stops?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Cool, If they say to remove them then I will remove them. It is really a pain to adjust them right anyway.

wildosvt

Established Member
Yeah OK (not intended to flame the host of this thread) but if that was the f-ing case my 3650 would of not blown 2nd gear if "ALL" of them have internal stops.Which all manuals have them anyway, but theres plain suck.GM guys have problems with 3rd gear in the F bodies.So I would suggest you guys take it easy on those beutiful cars of yours.T-56 is awesome but this is what I have read.When I get my after market shifter I will be putting the stops in I wont trust what they are saying,But I guess some have to learn the hard way.Which I did......:eek:

i8u

Established Member
I loved my pro 5.0. Has anyone used a D&D shifter? They cost a little less from what I hear?

Evilcartman

Established Member
If the bump stops are adjusted correctly, you won't have any problems, if you tighten it down enough. Just make sure they are adjusted right so that if you pry hard on the handle it barely touches the stop. If the stop is to close to the handle it can make the car pop out of gear. I just installed my Tri-ax tonight and it is real nice. The factory shifter felt pretty tight but this one is real tight. It makes for sure shifts.

docs03

Established Member
Don Walsh at D&D is a friend of mine and we were talking about which shifter to put into my 03 cobra vert. Without a doubt he recommended a tri-ax. He indicated its the best shifter out there.

Users who are viewing this thread