Trick Flow heads are here...

FordFanStan

Established Member
The research i have done has shown that jlp and wwms have very similar flowing heads. How does these heads flow compared to them?

Rick, out of hiding just to stir stuff here in my thread :bash: :nono:

I will answer for kicks anyway; I have personally had "WMS" :rollseyes heads, Patriot heads and another well known porting company heads all tested on the same bench on the same day, and all I will say is I would stick with other heads, everything from that corner of the world is all walk and no talk.

As far as the JLP XR heads, I believe they are probably the best version of the FoMoCo OEM casting for RACE applications, but I have no personal experience.

If these TF heads never came about, I would have a set of the JLP XR heads on my build.

However with all that said, flow bench numbers are like dyno numbers; they are just for magazines. Sure it is fun to get them and brag about them and they can be minutely helpful, but that is what not makes or breaks a head. There are plenty of champions in the NMRA and other series winning with heads that just don't produce good flow bench numbers. I won't teach you all the secrets though, you're just going to have to learn some stuff on your own :read:

Plus, I guess you didn't realize how many other advantages there are on these heads than just the "flow". I guess you'll find those out when you're staring at my tail lights at the local drag strip; if you can even get your truck to run! :fart:

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Hi Stan,

I have mail Dante but I´ve got no answer yet. Please let me know what I need to run these heads.

Please mail me some info´s :banana: !!

Chris

FordFanStan

Established Member
Hi Stan,

I have mail Dante but I´ve got no answer yet. Please let me know what I need to run these heads.

Please mail me some info´s :banana: !!

Chris

Chris I got your PM and I will get you some info come this week. I know he has still has a large order in and should be receiving many more soon, so you're in luck man :thumbsup: FFS

FordFanStan

Established Member
yeah the first thing i noticed was the way the cam mounts in those things.
however by drilling em (even tho its only 2mm) wouldnt you be removing some possibly needed meat there man?
also i wanna see how that actually sets up in there with the valves being in different locations. I cant wait to see what these things will do

I guess that's one way of looking at it Mike, but not how I see it lol. It's not like I'll be using the timing cover bolts to mount the engine, so I'm not worried about removing that little bit of material. FFS

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
i didnt know cooling and oil drain was redesigned too, thats awesome!

Rumor on the net is with just these heads, a nice set of cams and their intake, the GT will make 350+ hp N/A, thats using whatever size combustion camber that raises the compression ratio to 10 or whatever it was...

Cant wait to start seeing actual numbers on these

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I guess that's one way of looking at it Mike, but not how I see it lol. It's not like I'll be using the timing cover bolts to mount the engine, so I'm not worried about removing that little bit of material. FFS

good point dude, for me I would just be slightly worried bout a cap being slightly stressed and giving up the ghost when im romping on it. Remember my luck is the worst possible so if itll happen..itll happen to me LMAO

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Well I'm finally ready for heads as the dreaded sparkplug 2nd from firewall passanger side shot out but the funny thing is the threads on the plug are almost intact. And it let go at only about 1100 RPMs and 25 MPH so it just worked itself loose and finally let go. Bites I know but got my eyes set on these or the Patriot stage II's. Summit has these heads for the same price at $1998.

Enileate

Established Member
Rick, out of hiding just to stir stuff here in my thread :bash: :nono:

I will answer for kicks anyway; I have personally had "WMS" :rollseyes heads, Patriot heads and another well known porting company heads all tested on the same bench on the same day, and all I will say is I would stick with other heads, everything from that corner of the world is all walk and no talk.

As far as the JLP XR heads, I believe they are probably the best version of the FoMoCo OEM casting for RACE applications, but I have no personal experience.

If these TF heads never came about, I would have a set of the JLP XR heads on my build.

However with all that said, flow bench numbers are like dyno numbers; they are just for magazines. Sure it is fun to get them and brag about them and they can be minutely helpful, but that is what not makes or breaks a head. There are plenty of champions in the NMRA and other series winning with heads that just don't produce good flow bench numbers. I won't teach you all the secrets though, you're just going to have to learn some stuff on your own :read:

Plus, I guess you didn't realize how many other advantages there are on these heads than just the "flow". I guess you'll find those out when you're staring at my tail lights at the local drag strip; if you can even get your truck to run! :fart:

We have spoke via PM's but you must have me confused with someone else.
Thank you for the information. You obviously know much more then I do about the head porting process. I was under the assumtion that the reason heads were flowed was to be able to know what cam was needed.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Just another reason why you shouldn't assume.

Oh and I am not confused, I know you fooled me into PMing you info before, but that won't happen again.

See you at the track :rolleyes:

uncooked

Established Member
I'm very tempted to pick up these heads along with a set of cams.

I'm still running the stock block. My main concern would be when my motor finally lets go that it would ruin my new heads. Is it basically always when the motor pops the heads get trashed ?

FordFanStan

Established Member
not usually, yes the heads need to be reworked almost always, but usually not damaged, just worn.

Some minor machining usually, new guides always, new valve seals, etc. FFS

Users who are viewing this thread