Tried turtle was headlight lens restoration kit, before and after pics...

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Picked up turtle wax headlight lens restorer for about $12 bucks and I have to say it works. Its a simple do it by hand kit, includes 3 pads of different grits, lubricant spray and lens compound. It also comes with a wet cloth with sealant to seal your lens when your done. That's my only gripe with the kit, should come with more lens sealer wipes. 1 is enough for 2 headlights and that's it. Not sure if turtle wax sells these separately.

One of my headlights was especially bad. It had a big rough hazy spot in the middle of the headlight. Here's a before pic

PART_1370472350520_zps7e9e7ed9.jpg

I wet sanded with all 3 pads (3rd pad has 2 different grits). I wet sanded for about a minute with each pad, took away most of the rough feeling. Lens looks good, i'm happy with the 12 bucks I spent and it couldn't have been easier. This was my first lens restoration kit I've tried, I was a little skeptical but I'm satisfied with the results. The headlights don't look brand new, but they look 80 percent better I would say.

After pic,

PART_1370472252793_zps43219d52.jpg

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
Hard to tell with those photos how well they came out. The thing is with Mustangs though is that with so many aftermarket places, LMR, AM, etc, it's really inexpensive to pick up some new clear headlights fairly cheap. Would like to see a before and after from several feet away on your car.

RC

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Hard to tell with those photos how well they came out. The thing is with Mustangs though is that with so many aftermarket places, LMR, AM, etc, it's really inexpensive to pick up some new clear headlights fairly cheap. Would like to see a before and after from several feet away on your car.

RC

Yeah I was about to buy some new headlights but I decided 12 bucks couldn't hurt before spending 70+ bucks on new ones. Now I'm glad I did.

Users who are viewing this thread