Trilogy Blower kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikesMerc

Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
My Opinion, once you feel the difference....stoplight or rolling, well, I rather not go there.....it would just escalate the same ol same. Bottom line, step up to the plate and take one of these cars for a ride. Then you will have a factually based argument...Not just looking at paper, dyno sheets or making unrealistic statements on what a car can and cannot achieve with a power adder

Problem is I already drove a centrifugally blown Marauder. And I was not impressed to say the least. Under 3500 rpm it was no more powerful than a non blown car. Just look at the boost pressures you're making at 3000 rpm, they tell the story. Above 3500 it screamed. But I don't like having to get into the rpms to make boost. That's just my personal choice.

Additionally, I've driven quite a few other SC cars. This is my third blown car I've owned. I've driven Powerdyne, Paxton, Vortech, Whipple, and Eaton cars. I know my superchargers and what they can do thank you very much:)

In the end consider this. What is the supercharger of choice for OEM applications? By far, what kind of SC is used by the OEMs? Why do you think this is?

LOL...don't waste your time, I'll just tell you. They use the Eaton roots blower for reliability and the ability to make power in the rpm range most used in daily driving. Ask any OEM engineer the same question and you will see I am giving you the truth. Ask Steve Bab**** why they chose the eaton on the original Marauder concept car...same answer.

Last edited:

MikesMerc

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Once in, try removing it.

No sweat...its just the intake manifold. Hardly anything to worry about. Save the parts and put it back the way it came from the factory. There are ZERO hard mods to any production peices. The car can be put back 100% to OEM after removing the Trilogy kit.

But did not Ford pay for and assist in the development of this kit in the beggining?

Not in any shape, way or form.

Are not almost all of these detailed pics from ford?

Nope....not a single one. They all came from Lidio's shop and the pictures were taken during development.

Did Ford leave JB with the project when they decided the Marauder would not sell well?

Nope...not in any way. All Trilogy engineering was done with the intention of producing a retail aftermarket kit. Steve Bab**** and Jerry came up with the idea loooong after the OEM blower was killed by Mercury.

Let's draw a line here, okay guys. I've kept things civil, but lets not start spreading crap that isn't true. If you don't know the facts, its better you don't fill in the blanks with what you "think" happened. Thanks.

Most people never do any real work on their cars.

LOL...don't tell the 30% of Trilogy guys that did thier own install:D

MikesMerc

Established Member
bigslim said:
I can't believe you guys are back to this "mine is better than yours" crap. Please, everyone "LET IT GO". They are all good kits.

Slim, I think you are missing the point here.

So far this thread has remained quite civil. I don't see how discussing the Pros and Cons of each kit can be bad. The kits ARE different and produce power in different ways. Discussing that can only be beneficial to potential customers. As long as the discussion is civil there is no harm in discussing these things.

MikesMerc

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Come on Mike, my car has just about every mod on the Marauder market and guess what, it's street manner's are excellent.

And the driveability has only improved.

Like I said, I've already owned cars that have big gears and a big stall and that's just not for me anymore.

If that factory wanted it to have big gears and big stall, it would have them.

Like I mentioned to TJA, you have to ask yourself why the original concept car came with the eaton roots blower, and did not go with big gears and big stall.

What you think might be improved driveability, might be a deterioration for others. Personally, I hate the feeling of big gears and big stall. I liked it in my younger years, but it isn't for me anymore. That's why the original OEM Marauder has appealed to the group it has. To get too far away from that formula isn't necessarily a good thing.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
MikesMerc said:
Problem is I already drove a centrifugally blown Marauder. And I was not impressed to say the least. Under 3500 rpm it was no more powerful than a non blown car. Just look at the boost pressures you're making at 3000 rpm, they tell the story. Above 3500 it screamed. But I don't like having to get into the rpms to make boost. That's just my personal choice.

Additionally, I've driven quite a few other SC cars. This is my third blown car I've owned. I've driven Powerdyne, Paxton, Vortech, Whipple, and Eaton cars. I know my superchargers and what they can do thank you very much:)

In the end consider this. What is the supercharger of choice for OEM applications? By far, what kind of SC is used by the OEMs? Why do you think this is?

LOL...don't waste your time, I'll just tell you. They use the Eaton roots blower for reliability and the ability to make power in the rpm range most used in daily driving. Ask any OEM engineer the same question and you will see I am giving you the truth. Ask Steve Bab**** why they chose the eaton on the original Marauder concept car...same answer.

I don't know what centrifugal car you drove. And whether it had a 3000 speed stall convertor or not, or, if it had 4.10 gears or stock 3.55's. My car will hit 6 lbs of boost within 1 second from a dead stop at 3000 rpm and boil the stock tires. No problem with bottom end here. I too have owned and driven blown personal and drag race cars (Ford Race Team - 351 Maverick w/dual quads and a blower, probably before you even were old enough to drive a car) since the 1970's. I presently own a 01 Procharger Mustang that runs 11.8's all day with a stock bottom end along with my Procharger Marauder. Prior to that I owned a 347 CI 93 Cobra with a Procharger and N20 that ran 10.6's. I am not the average Marauder owner and the mods I have on my car represent my personal choices for extreme perforamace. And I do plan to buy the new Shelby GT 500 Mustang just as soon as it can be ordered and will be happy with the 5.4 and Eaton blower. A twin screw blower is more in line what I like in the roots line. So choice is the ultimate decision for each and everyone one of us. I just lean to more of the radical perfomance side of the street than most. But here again, that is my choice.

I'll agree for a stock car for the average person looking for additional performance for a daily driven Marauder, roots (Trilogy) blowers are the way to go. But not for me. I am a high performance enthusiast and there is no possible way I could settle for anything but a centrifugal supercharger. I like the every day driveability, flexibility of tuning gobs of horsepower, upgrade options available down the road (D1SC) if I choose to build a forged motor. In addition, the capability to remove the entire system in a few hours and put the car back to bone stock if I choose. Not very practical for the Triology. I do respect your choice in not wanting the extreme high performance car. But respect mine and others than may want the exact same thing, young or old. These post are helpful and educational for all. Different opinions and choices is what it is all about.

Last edited:

MikesMerc

Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
I don't know what centrifugal car you drove. And whether it had a 3000 speed stall convertor or not, or, if it had 4.10 gears or stock 3.55's. My car will hit 6 lbs of boost within 1 second from a dead stop at 3000 rpm

Well, my car hits 12 psi in less than 1 second and I have the stock TC. I have 9 PSI at the crack of the throttle right off idle, and the full 12.5 at 2600 rpm. I don't like waiting for the boost on a heavy car, and I don't like having to resort to a big gear and high stall converter to get there.

I just lean to more of the radical perfomance side of the street than most. But here again, that is my choice.

Been there and done that too.

My 91 LX Notchback with a bullet proof short block, hand ported aluminum TW heads, extrude honed intake, crower cam and S Trim at 17 PSI ran 10.2s all day long too. And I still had all the creature comforts, the AC blowing cold air, and a killer stereo for the ride home too. It had big gears and revved like a mother. Some old crappy pics for reference:)

car4.JPG

car2.JPG

Today I find that hairy knuckled approach a bit boy racer now.

If I want the fastest quarter mile time, I'll run the mustang. For the Marauder, I'm not willing to go buzzing around at high rpms just to get to the power band.

I'll agree for a stock car for the average person looking for additional performance for a daily driven Marauder, roots (Trilogy) blowers are the way to go. But not for me. I am a high performance enthusiast and there is no possible way I could settle for anything but a centrifugal supercharger.

Well, the day the centrifugal blower cars actually lead the Marauder time slip page en mass you might just point have a point. Until then, you guys better keep the mods coming:)

In addition, the capability to remove the entire system in a few hours and put the car back to bone stock if I choose. Not very practical for the Triology.

How do you know this? Have you tried this?

For such a seasoned extreme racer such as yourself, you seem a bit squeemish for talking about putting the intake manifold back on. LOL...I did that myself on my first 5.0 mustang 17 years ago.

Sorry guys, the "return to stock arguement" is lame. No hard mods to any OEM peices are needed in the Trilogy kit. It can all be put back just fine.

I do respect your choice in not wanting the extreme high performance car.

I don't want extreme high performance? Really? Is that why my Marauder is only in the top 7 fastest in the country? Eh...could be:) Of course that's only on the timeslip page on MM.net anyway, as I haven't been able to post my new best time yet:) And...let's just say I've reached the club level :pepper:

So.....What you really mean to say is that I don't want to cut up my car and make it into some silly high rpm screamer that lurches around on the street and buzzes up the rpm range all day long just to have extreme performance. If that's what you're saying, you're right. I just don't need a monster stall and mondo gears to get there.

Others do apparently :shrug:

Again, I'm not knocking the centrfugal blower kits. Its choice. For you, you feel its fine to alter the OEM feel of the car by running a big stall and gears to crutch the low end of the centrifugal blower. Hey, that's great. To each their own and more power to you. But, the bottom line is that the roots guys don't need to do that....and, yet again, that's where we get right back to Lidio's opening post on this thread :rolling:

Last edited:

bigslim

Established Member
Mike, you can talk till you are blue in the face. These guys will never get it :nonono: . You have tried to explain this how many times????? You get the same rebuttle. This argument is just getting too old now. Guys, "BUY WHAT YOU WANT"!! :mj:

MikesMerc

Established Member
bigslim said:
Mike, you can talk till you are blue in the face. These guys will never get it :nonono: . You have tried to explain this how many times????? You get the same rebuttle. This argument is just getting too old now. Guys, "BUY WHAT YOU WANT"!! :mj:

Oh...okay :(

I will retire off this thread now.

Hey, wasn't this a Trilogy thread to begin with anyway :p

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
bigslim said:
I can't believe you guys are back to this "mine is better than yours" crap. Please, everyone "LET IT GO". They are all good kits. It is up to the buyer on what they want. One has more bottom end power. One has more higher end power. "THEY BOTH HAVE POWER"! So be it. Move on with your lives.
Amen!! Enough ranting. I am begining to thing Logan is right to squash these BS arguments!! It seems the same people here will not admit the Trilogy has it's place...as does the centrificals and nitrous.

When researching, I concluded that I dont need to have the fastest MM on the block. I simpy wanted alittle more grunt down low and over all improved performace through out the power band.

And thats what the Trilogy kit has provided me.

Oh and frankly if I had the cash, I would have sent the car off to Kenny Brown for the ultamate in overall performance!! thats right a vortech car! Dont believe me? Go to MM.net and ask Haggis about our chat last Sunday when we were hanging out at a car show.

Who cars if Logan is making money. Good for him! I am so far ahead in knowledge now because of MM.net that it is worth every penny I plan to donate to keep it going! SVTP.com is the same way....

Crap! I just ranted... :nonono:

It never seems to end..... I think I understand now..... :xpl:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Billy, why would you bow out? We are just shooting the shit, talking cars.

I am glad to hear you only got the Weekend and I did think it was good that you asked Ernie those questions and got some of that information out on the table. I am curious to see how is car runs after the tuning is done. That kit comes with no instructions.
Well I'm glad to see that atleast somebody understood my intentions in that thread. I was just tired of reading about how many people over there are raving about Turbocharging Marauders, even though they themselves don't want to be the first to do that to their own Marauder. It kind of gives me the impression that they're afraid to do that to their car, and they're trying to talk someone else into being the guinea pig. And Ernie was staying silent, so I felt it was time to get a little outspoken to call it for what it was. But I guess some of the thin skinned members over there couldn't handle my writing style, even though what I said was the plain and non-sugar coated truth. And I'm talking about what I said before that flame-fest occured with that newcomer who jumped in there. Thanks for your comments Greg.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
bigslim said:

There is nothing to get. Mike has his opinion and I have mine. Arguments? Who's arguing? Just both us expressing our opinions. But you are right, Mike isn't going to change his mine and I am not going to change mine. The end. :beer:

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
I would never consider a procharger kit ONLY and i mean ONLY because of the dorks who continually wanna ram it down our throats on how great it is.

It may be, but the stink will never wash out of it. :loser:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
BigMerc said:
I would never consider a procharger kit ONLY and i mean ONLY because of the dorks who continually wanna ram it down our throats on how great it is.

It may be, but the stink will never wash out of it. :loser:

First, I don't ever remember ramming anything down your throat about Procharger. I thought things were quite civil. And second, talk like that only makes people think the same about you and truly discredit's any credibility you have as well as reflects directly on Trilogy. You need a blood pressure pill my friend...Take it easy.... :D

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
First, I don't ever remember ramming anything down your throat about Procharger. I thought things were quite civil. And second, talk like that only makes people think the same about you and truly discredit's any credibility you have as well as reflects directly on Trilogy.

BigMerc does not have a Trilogy. So why would his opinions reflect poorly on Trilogy?

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
He's right I don't have a trilogy. Let me clarify also, the guy who came up with this kit seems like a good guy. the guys who own kits 1 and 2 are who I'm talking about.

Kinda like Hare Krishna's or Scientologists, you want to convert some of the masses to your church of Procharger. It really is annoying, no one asks a question and gets a yes or no they get a extended discertation on why the procharger is the one true god.

I have no need of a Procharger as my Vortech puts 576rwhp out for me, but like I said, I wouldn't want to get a Procharger as I don't want to pay for a deprogramer later who'll have to kidnap me to get me back to normal after saving me from the church of Procharger and its evil priest Tmaac.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
BigMerc does not have a Trilogy. So why would his opinions reflect poorly on Trilogy?

My apologies. Didn't know. I do respect Triology. He slams me, for what reasons I really do not know. I have never posted anything offensive to anybody's choice of power adder whether here or on MM.net. Just have had civil discussions. I am non-confrontational, you know me Chuck. He doesn't. I really don't care what this yahoo thinks or says. :xpl:

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MarauderTJA is great guy and my friend. He's never said anything bad about anybody or their choices for power adders.

Anyone on this board who has static with MarauderTJA has static with me.

Period.

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
This explains it well!

BigMerc said:
Kinda like Hare Krishna's or Scientologists, you want to convert some of the masses to your church of Procharger. It really is annoying, no one asks a question and gets a yes or no they get a extended discertation on why the procharger is the one true god.

I have no need of a Procharger as my Vortech puts 576rwhp out for me, but like I said, I wouldn't want to get a Procharger as I don't want to pay for a deprogramer later who'll have to kidnap me to get me back to normal after saving me from the church of Procharger and its evil priest Tmaac.

This says it right. You can exchange the S/Cers in this thread and it would describe some people from all camps. I dont car what S/Cers you have, promoting your choice as gospel is annoying!

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BigMerc said:
I have no need of a Procharger as my Vortech puts 576rwhp out for me

You want to crawl out of a hole pal and throw dirt at me.....fine, but bringing Tom into this because you are a DR loving post whore is way out of line.

Your either DR or a loser friend of his, and I really could care less. Insult me all you want, if your not DR I hoped he raped you financially like he did with everyone else to the tune of thousands!

You don't have the balls to come out and say who you are just tells me and everyone else here what a coward and lackey for hire you are.

Keep on insulting me, I enjoy it!

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
I have no need of a Procharger as my Vortech puts 576rwhp

BigMerc, I am sorry you have a Vortech and had to tap your oil pan but that was your choice. What car are you making 576RWHP on? Why don't you come out from behind your screen name and say who you really are.

I have no respect for people that hide behind screen names.

Why don't you go join the Vortech tap your ass/oil pan club.

See ya!

I have no need of a Procharger as my Vortech puts 576rwhp

BigMerc said:
He's right I don't have a trilogy. Let me clarify also, the guy who came up with this kit seems like a good guy. the guys who own kits 1 and 2 are who I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread