Trilogy Equipped Marauders

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
WildBill, did you also change the blower and/or serpentine belts? if so, what brand of belt(s) did you use? Some belts make noise that sounds like a whistle, however, it isn't what i would call "Loud".

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Procharger only uses Gates belts. What does Trilogy use?

BillyGman said:
WildBill, did you also change the blower and/or serpentine belts? if so, what brand of belt(s) did you use? Some belts make noise that sounds like a whistle, however, it isn't what i would call "Loud".

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Goodyear makes some more expensive belts that are called "Gatorback" belts. I installed these on my car because they're beiffer, and they have a design that looks just like an alligator's back. They grip a little better than standard belts do. But I also found that they make a little bit of a noise too. It isn't a chirping or squealing noise that's associated with belt slipage though. It's more of a noise that can be descibed as a whistle. However it isn't all that loud. In fact, you usually cannot even hear it from inside the car unless you drive slow past a cment wall or a parked car with your windows down.

I've had these belts for about 10 months now.They come in 6-rib and 8-rib designs just like the standard belts do, but they have cross cuts in the ribs kind of like an aggressive snow tire tread. I had them on the car when I gave "Tallboy" a ride in it, and I bet that he didn't even notice the sound the belts make. You really have to listen for it, so I don't know if that's what WildBill would be hearing on his car, since it isn't all that loud like I previously stated.

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
BillyGman said:
Goodyear makes some more expensive belts that are called "Gatorback" belts. I installed these on my car because they're beiffer, and they have a design that looks just like an alligator's back. They grip a little better than standard belts do. But I also found that they make a little bit of a noise too. It isn't a chirping or squealing noise that's associated with belt slipage though. It's more of a noise that can be descibed as a whistle. However it isn't all that loud. In fact, you usually cannot even hear it from inside the car unless you drive slow past a cment wall or a parked car with your windows down.

I've had these belts for about 10 months now.They come in 6-rib and 8-rib designs just like the standard belts do, but they have cross cuts in the ribs kind of like an aggressive snow tire tread. I had them on the car when I gave "Tallboy" a ride in it, and I bet that he didn't even notice the sound the belts make.

You are correct, my friend. I did not notice at all.

BTW, that post you put up on mm.net about these Gatorback belts really helped out a fellow member a while back. A Trilogy customer was installing new belts, and was confused as to the proper part numbers and lengths. I wasn't at home, so I couldn't check my manual. Instead, I got on-line at the office, dug up your post, and gave him the correct part numbers. Your post saved the day!!!

:beer: < Dunkin Donuts coffee in those mugs, not beer...

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
tallboy said:
You are correct, my friend. I did not notice at all.

BTW, that post you put up on mm.net about these Gatorback belts really helped out a fellow member a while back. A Trilogy customer was installing new belts, and was confused as to the proper part numbers and lengths. I wasn't at home, so I couldn't check my manual. Instead, I got on-line at the office, dug up your post, and gave him the correct part numbers. Your post saved the day!!!

:beer: < Dunkin Donuts coffee in those mugs, not beer...
Hey, wasn't I supposed to get royalties from that?

wildbill

Established Member
I'm not sure re:the K&N

tallboy said:
WildBill-something's wrong. There should be NO whistle at all, at idle or any low-RPM driving. Mine is dead quiet-no noise whatsoever. Sounds like something isn't seated right. If you have no luck, PM me and I'll give my phone #, maybe we can figure something out.
Tallboy,
I feel that I have this installed right. It was not that hard to do. Some screw clamps, a bracket or two some tubing. But this has a very loud whistle. I really have not had the opportunity to test drive it yet. My wife was away all weekend long and the kids were mine. Tomorrow will be my first drive with it. I wouldn't mind talking with you about it. I will feel that it is money well spent if as you say, it is dead quiet. But right now it is not. Perhaps something is not hooked up right. Not sure. Let me know what you trhink. A phone call would be fine with me. As for as changing the belts. Nothing was changed since the blower was installed. I have 90 days with Summit to return it. They said that there would be a noise with it. I got part number 63-1111 from them. It is a K&N Air charger kit. The filter and the new tube to the throttle body is what got installed using the original MAF sensor and connection. We'll see.......... :shrug:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
wildbill said:
Tallboy,
I feel that I have this installed right. It was not that hard to do. Some screw clamps, a bracket or two some tubing. But this has a very loud whistle. I really have not had the opportunity to test drive it yet. My wife was away all weekend long and the kids were mine. Tomorrow will be my first drive with it. I wouldn't mind talking with you about it. I will feel that it is money well spent if as you say, it is dead quiet. But right now it is not. Perhaps something is not hooked up right. Not sure. Let me know what you trhink. A phone call would be fine with me. As for as changing the belts. Nothing was changed since the blower was installed. I have 90 days with Summit to return it. They said that there would be a noise with it. I got part number 63-1111 from them. It is a K&N Air charger kit. The filter and the new tube to the throttle body is what got installed using the original MAF sensor and connection. We'll see.......... :shrug:

I PMed you my phone number. I think I know what's wrong. If I do not answer it's because I'm with a client. I'll see that I missed a call and call you back.

MarauderMike

Established Member
tallboy said:
I PMed you my phone number. I think I know what's wrong. If I do not answer it's because I'm with a client. I'll see that I missed a call and call you back.

I have a thought on this also if you aren't having any luck, PM if you need some other ideas.

Mike

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MarauderMike said:
I have a thought on this also if you aren't having any luck, PM if you need some other ideas.

Mike

Thanks Mike! But, we were able to come up with a fix. The K&N is now operating as it should.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Update!!! There's a new "Top Dog" in town!!! Jerry Barnes in Trilogy1 ran a 11.29 1/4 mile in Norwalk this weekend!!! :bowdown:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
bigslim said:
11.29 at 121 mph.
Does anyone know what the HP & TQ #'s are now for the Trilogy #1 car??? my guess is that it's in the 600's with the Nitrous.

Last edited:

MikesMerc

Established Member
Lidio didn't print off any dyno sheets for Jerry this time. Power was about the same as it was before Jerry had the short block rebuilt...that would be a bit over 600 for both rwhp & tq with the spray.

What an incredible run! I was glad to be there with Jerry when he ran it. Given the 80+ temps and the hit-n-miss track conditions it was really something. On Saturday the best Jerry could muster was a few 12.0s and a 12.7 with horrible traction. That just goes to show you how important track condtions are.

On Friday Jerry went 11.90 without the NOS.

Users who are viewing this thread