Trouble getting the 60' lower

The Beast 2014

Established Member
After multiple trips to the track with my new setup I am having trouble getting my 60' lower than 1.7. In fact on every run it ranges 1.69 to 1.71 every time. I am trying to get that down into the 1.5 range but I am out of ideas. The car is running 275/60 MT Pros and 3:15 gears. All on prepped track surfaces by the way. I put LCA relo brackets on thinking it would help but I am not really seeing better times. I have tried launching at idle and everywhere between 1700 rpm's (stock converter).

Any of you guys who are running better 60's have any thoughts? The suspension is all aftermarket. Currently it's only 6lbs of boost but the power is there. Throwing 10lb of boost on E85 will just throw me around 660HP, maybe more and I will have different issues then.

Thank you

BMR Tech

So - I assume you are not having traction issues - but the sixty foot just isnt there. Am I right?

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Ya, I am not sliding around as far as I can tell. The only times the spinning was pronounced was leaving at 1700 rpms. I really need my wife to video it for me this Friday.

scotmach

Established Member
Your probably not making enough boost/power in the lower rpm's to get the 60' down any more.

corepwn

Established Member
You need more boost/power, or a converter to help your 60 at the same power level if you're not spinning currently.

bunits19714

Established Member
Is your front sway bar still on? does the car transfer weight or just chug out of the hole- and are those koni more for handle and are they adjustable to transfer weight to the rear, if your making the #'s in your sig then you should easily pull a 1.5 - 60 foot but your tuner could have timing soft in the lower rpms- you need to ask him/ log - the uglybrocks produce plenty of torque down low to get you to 1.5's with out a converter or more boost. timing down low is huge for TVS to get out of the hole on the stock converter- .

The Beast 2014

Established Member
I guess I will need to datalog some runs. I know the car is making the power in my signature and I know my blower is hitting peak torque around 2700 rpms. I do not however know the timing curve my tuner used on the low end.

5lho

Established Member
Well, for this, you only really need vehicle speed, rpm and throttle position actual and desired, for the 60 foot checkover. Wanna check how the blower is doing? you'll want to log alot more. A long list. Here's what I use: ECT, IAT, IAT2, KR, Lamse 1&2, load, ltft 1&2, stft 1&2, MAF freq, MAF flow rate (lbs/min), measured AFR 1&2, spark advance, spark advance V2 and torque source, as well as the others noted above.

I honestly think you're going to have a tough time pushing down the 60 much more on a stock converter, even with the torque monster Edelbrock. There just isn't much jam at 1800 rpm and there never will be on this engine.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Or just ask your tuner what to log. I feel it's to low timing off the go/low rpms. If that doesn't help, then def a stall.

5lho

Established Member
Or just ask your tuner what to log. I feel it's to low timing off the go/low rpms. If that doesn't help, then def a stall.

The box you're in is that you have a PD blower. This is already stressing the rotating assembly at lower rpms more than other forms of FI. If you start adding in timing advance and loading the motor harder, you may push it past what it wants to take. Nonetheless, it's worth looking at. most base tunes for blowers have very conservative timing curves in them, you might be able to squeak a few more degrees in and still run pump gas. That may be enough to snap it up a bit.

corepwn

Established Member
You need more boost/power, or a converter to help your 60 at the same power level if you're not spinning currently.

This is the cliff notes of the thread.

Power can be added by timing or boost, some people would probably be shocked at how little timing was in my low end RPM tables when I was getting 1.5[02](9-11psi) and then 1.4[23] (16-17psi) 60s on the stock converter.

Personally I'd pulley down to the next smallest (or the one after that) size and see how it goes.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Dropping a pulley to 10 psi is an option, the gas sucks here and I was having trouble getting it tuned on 91. If I pulley down it would be running MS109 just to be safe. I am not as worried about the stock block because I want to swap the short block soon anyways. I was hoping to push more from the current setup without swapping the pulley but honestly at 6psi it might not be enough. I will check the timing though.

Thanks all for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread