Trouble while dyno tuning

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Friday my car was on the dyno being tuned for the 2.9 and other mods I added. Mods in my sig. The shop said the first pull went good. I should mention that the shop my car is at is not doing the tuning. Anyway, after the 1st pull he sent that log to my tuner and he made adjustments. The shop then went to do a 2nd pull and one of the rubber elbows on the back of the blower popped off, the car went lean and the maf sensor flat lined. After that the shop called it quits for the day. Yesterday I drove the car with the good tune and the car would cut out and go lean during a wot pull. Any input on what's going on? The car is going back to the shop tomorrow for more tuning but I'd like to figure the problem out before the car hits the rollers again. The shop charges me for every second it's on the dyno. Also, I'm a little disappointed with my numbers it put down...713rwhp...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
So they only did two pulls and sent you on your way? Your issue is the tune isn't done. Does your tuner not have his own dyno or is he remote tuning?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd do a remote tune. Datalog on the highway, do a 3rd gear pull to what rpms your tuner wants. Datalog parameters he wants to see. Send him the file and he makes adjustments. You'll likely need to log a/f.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Tried to do more tuning today and the car is cutting out at 5800. Tuner said "delta pressure drops low enough that the pcm goes into FMEM to protect it from going lean." I have dual walbro 465's. Shouldn't that be enough pump? Tuner was thinking the regulator could be the cause? Shop said voltage to each pump is 13.8

MalcolmV8

Established Member
They're trying to tune but can't with the fuel issues.

Right, just saying keep out of the street WOT pulls you mentioned that are not working right. Going lean at WOT can take your motor out really quick then you're looking at a rebuild instead of just figuring out your fueling and tuning issues.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Just get with your Tuner Eric Brooks!!!! Listen to him and do not go off on your own. You have one of the best tuning YOUR car so I would not start threads on here before asking him.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread