Truck Covers

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
Back in the day 2001-2003 Ford Accessories had a cover for sale that was a perfect fit for the lightning and had the lightning emblem stiched into it, anyone know who manufactured these for Ford? can't seem to find any info.

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
Go with a Cali car cover. The Ford ones are a very thin material that isn't the best for 24/7/365 outdoor weather. Cali covers are TOP notch quality, and their warranty is outstanding! And even moreso their customer service!

Mine was 4 years old, well 3 years and 11 months old, getting beat with a few tears from everyday use, ordered a new one online. Few days later customer service calls me up asking why I ordered a new cover, my old one still had a few weeks left on its warranty, and they'd replace it free of charge rather than me purchasing a new one!

Fit is great, and its on the truck probably 355 days a year while it sits outside!

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
I have a California Car Cover. It is the Superweave cover. The very best car cover I have every bought! Custom fit to the Lightning. I also ordered the cable lock, wheel covers “Car covers for your rims and tiers”, and the storage bag. It came out to $501.99 but they have a 4 year warranty like said above. It works amazing.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
Back in the day 2001-2003 Ford Accessories had a cover for sale that was a perfect fit for the lightning and had the lightning emblem stiched into it, anyone know who manufactured these for Ford? can't seem to find any info.

I remember seeing them for sale on the Ford SVT website for a couple of hundred bucks. The last time I looked they didn't have them for sale any more.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
I will look into the cali covers. My truck gets driven once every few months and the rest of the time stays in the garage, I have some 1000 thread count sheets covering the major parts of the truck, hood, etc.. but want something less ghetto.... 2002 with only 18K miles, does not see alot of driving and only sunny days, just need to keep the dust off it lol.

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
if its indoor use only, cali covers has covers catered to every type of use. Indoor only, outdoor only, harsh weather, indoor & outdoor, etc. etc.

Best bet is call them up to order, especially if you want embroidering, usually save a few bucks.

allgo90

Established Member
here's some pics of mine, great investment imo..
DSC02854.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

DSC02852.jpg

Chili

Not Banned
Established Member
nope, mine had a ford tag on it.

I believe that the covercrafts didn't come with a window for the license plate either, which mine had...

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
nope, mine had a ford tag on it.

I believe that the covercrafts didn't come with a window for the license plate either, which mine had...

I just looked up algo90's and he has the lightning logo on it, but the block-it evolution is a covercraft thing.. I am wondering if covercraft made the Ford covers.. if so I should able to get the same cover sans the logo....

Chili

Not Banned
Established Member
Not sure who made the Ford cover, but it sucked. Fit good, but didn't keep shit off the paint.

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
that is what I keep hearing.. I think that will be the way I am going to go with it... do they hvae the mirror pockets and the antannea hole?

They have the mirror pockets. You can have them install a antenna hole. Trust me, the fit is amazing. It contours every bend on the truck. along the back of the cab/bed great. I have to keep mine out side and even in heavy wind it stays on. Just get the cable lock with the cover.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
i bought a used cali cover a couple years ago for a great price. its for indoor, but i used it for outdoor for a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread