Truck motor vs mustang motor

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm not sure about the OPGs. But the rest of the above is correct. Lower compression is from different pistons. The exhaust manifolds are also different.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I'm not sure about the OPGs. But the rest of the above is correct. Lower compression is from different pistons. The exhaust manifolds are also different.
Can the rotating assembly handle 7500 rpm's if the cams and intake is upgraded?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Is this going to still be in a heavy truck? If so, I wouldn't.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Oh yeah... You will be just fine. I rev to 7,800 every day with ethanol in the tank and with the stock OPG. It is shock that kills them 99% of the time, not the revs. These are the same gears that are in the GT350. Plus, you will be even placing less load on the drivetrain. Internals of the short block I believe are 100% identical.

KingBlack

Established Member
Oh yeah... You will be just fine. I rev to 7,800 every day with ethanol in the tank and with the stock OPG. It is shock that kills them 99% of the time, not the revs. These are the same gears that are in the GT350. Plus, you will be even placing less load on the drivetrain. Internals of the short block I believe are 100% identical.
awesome. i considered comp cams stg 3 (whenever they come out) but with the 2018 gt's making 500+ rwhp on stock cams and intake manifold, i may stick with the stock stuff.

Now i have to choose between the 10R80 or T56. I have some time to ponder that as the pcm isnt ready for them yet.

toby1234

Established Member
Truck engines have an iron block. It would be nice if they made a switch to aluminum across the board.

Last edited:

KingBlack

Established Member
Truck engines have an iron block. It would be nice if they make a switch to aluminum across the board.
Only the 2.7 EB is Iron, man :D
F150_Block.PNG

toby1234

Established Member
I stand corrected! I thought I read that the early f150 coyote blocks were iron. That’s why I didn’t choose it for my swap. Wow. Good news.

Users who are viewing this thread