truck vibrates a lot in park!

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
Just installed a 2800 stall and truetrac and now the truck vibrates in park at idle.
Didn't notice any vibration in drive idling at first, but i just sat in the truck datalogging the O2's and it vibrates in drive at idle as well.

btw, both rear O2's are not working. Not sure if they are turned off in the tune or not, or could be causing the issue.

Truck drives great on the street, no vibrations at all.

Any ideas?

Sean

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
I would check the wiring harness going to the rear O2s and make sure they are plugged in. Do you have off road mids? If so your tune may ignore the post converter sensors as to avoid a MIL.

Your vibration may be coming from a improperly alligned drive train, worn motor or transmission mount or something on the motor or transmission touching the cab of the truck. Check for anything loose or touching on the driveline then if all checks out ok, loosen the motor and trans mounts and try to give them a good shake to try and reposition it, and make sure to re-tighten everything.

If all that fails, I would suspect your new torque converter is off ballance slightly.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Does the entire truck vibrate, or do you just hear a vibration coming from somewhere? If the former, then check the things listed above.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Are the transmission dowel pins in place and correctly lined up? Was the torque converter checked for proper end play before flex plate bolts were tightened?
If end play is not correct... or if convertor is binding, your transmission pump may be damaged now that it has been driven a while.

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
well i guess sometimes the simple things cause the biggest issues and are sometimes overlooked!!!

Issue is the tranny mount. Must just be because it was disturbed during the converter install.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread