Trucks on Spike TV today

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
I believe they aren't finished filiming the next episode yet. and the final episode won't be filmed until aug 2 at London dragway in KY

http://truckshootout.com/forum/
:whine::whine::cryying::cryying::cryying:HEY DO ME A FAVOR GO OUT AND FIND A 454 SS TO RACE AND POST IT UP FOR ME :beer::-DTHEN I CAN WAIT FOR THE TRUCKS VERSION:lol1:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
:whine::whine::cryying::cryying::cryying:HEY DO ME A FAVOR GO OUT AND FIND A 454 SS TO RACE AND POST IT UP FOR ME :beer::-DTHEN I CAN WAIT FOR THE TRUCKS VERSION:lol1:

+1

Or any Gen1 for that matter... AUG 2ND?? Oh man, Guess I shouldnt have been holding my breath

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i don't know if it even matters. the gen 1 is so far above the ss in every other respect, i could probably live with a couple 10ths loss in the 1/4. styling, suspension, brakes, interior, etc, is so much better on the lightning that $ for $ i would own the ford every time. jmho.

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
Defineately two very cool trucks, I'd love to own either, Imagine pulling up to a newer gen lightning and possibly handing them their arse with a modded gen 1. I bet if they get boost above 8 psi on that 5.8 it will belt out over 400 rwhp and possibly 450/500 rwtq. What's everyone elses guess. I'm also counting on that Bowtie to kick some tail as well though.
:read:I was thinking if Saleen got 370 h.p. n/a from the S351 mustang and 495-505 h.p. from the S351SC ,then a turbo setup on the Lightning should produce some good numbers.

ModularFan

Established Member
what ever happened to that one guy with the real deep voice he came in right after stacy david left. the one guy is still there.

Mefordguy

what ever happened to that one guy with the real deep voice he came in right after stacy david left. the one guy is still there.

That guy was Goldberg the wrestler. He doesnt belong on any show. He is terrible. After they got rid of him is when I started watching again. As far as the lightning, their biggest problem with making power is going to be the stock heads. They needed to swap them out with a set of 185 AFR's(or an equivilent). Or at least open the stockers up with 1.94 or 2.02 valves. The aluminum will allow them to run a little higher boost and more timing though. Too bad the stock pistons are not forged. With a set of good aluminum heads, a ported intake, and 8-10psi, I dont see any reason why the L couldnt put down at least 450 rwhp. Did he keep the stock flat tappet cam in there? Since he converted to mass air he might as well run a roller cam with more lift and a little more duration. Maybe even just do a 5.0 HO cam swap. Lumpy cams are fun!:rockon:

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
I believe they aren't finished filiming the next episode yet. and the final episode won't be filmed until aug 2 at London dragway in KY

http://truckshootout.com/forum/
:burnout: Today is the day i've been waiting for, does any one know if this is happening right now today :shrug:??????? My patience is not what it use too be :(. I can't wait for results !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
They had the truck shootout, but, the 454 and the lightning from the show didn't run. Something about insurance. From what I have read they are going to rent a track to film the race between those 2 trucks.

scootro

Established Member
anyone have this all on tivo, yet? i remember reading on NLOC someone was going to make us all copies

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
I watched a new episode yesterday with suspension/ brake /new tire , mods on the Lightning. I think lowering the truck and increasing it's braking ability will make for an interesting contest. Wonder what's in store for the SS ???

Hoosier Daddy

TampaRacing
Established Member
Anbody watch the dyno shootout for them, the chevy and lighting made about both 300rwhp .

TK2008-15.jpg

I did, the lightning held its own.

The lightning was on the dyno first, guys from sct were there helping with tuning. It was running lean for the first 2 pulls or so, then it would lean out in the higher RPMs on the rest of the runs. They had to put in a holly fuel pump because they had maxed out the amount of fuel the computer could send. Once they did that they got around 300/330 I believe.

The Chevy got on the dyno and was lean at around 5k, they fixed it in the next 3runs or so. It put down like 310/355 I believe. I'm not sure on the exact numbers.

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
TK2008-15.jpg

I did, the lightning held its own.

The lightning was on the dyno first, guys from sct were there helping with tuning. It was running lean for the first 2 pulls or so, then it would lean out in the higher RPMs on the rest of the runs. They had to put in a holly fuel pump because they had maxed out the amount of fuel the computer could send. Once they did that they got around 300/330 I believe.

The Chevy got on the dyno and was lean at around 5k, they fixed it in the next 3runs or so. It put down like 310/355 I believe. I'm not sure on the exact numbers.
:dancenana: I am watching the episode now that i have DVR'd , the company that did the "computer modifications and sct software upgrade" is Dyno Speed out of Memphis Tenn. for the Lightning. The Lightning final numbers that they showed are 310.5 H.P. / 406.2 FT LBS. The SS final numbers are: 318 H.P./ 351 FT LBS. So will the torgue prevail over H.P. or boost over cubic inches????!!!:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread