"Trucks" on Spike TV

chuckdlightning

Established Member
I was watching Trucks on the Powerblock this weekend (I hope everyone knows what I'm taking about) and they were at some sport-truck shoot-out thing in VA I think it was. There were TONS of SS454 Chevys, SRT10's, and 1st-gen L's there. I did not see 1 2nd-gen L at the whole place. Anyone else see this?

dizzygoat

Established Member
no, ive seen the one where they take the first gen lightning and throw a turbo on it and take a 454ss and throw some aftermarket heads and cam. Then they proceed to do a shootout with various obstacles, like 1/8 mile, 60-0 braking, and a donut(how gay imo) contest to see who wins. To no avail, the L wins of course, and i was actually surprised to see the L running mid to high 8's with little more than a turbo and tuning.
It was actually on tv this last weekend even tho the episode is rather old.

Brad

Animalmutha97

My mom says I'm cool
Established Member
I seen it as well. Both were pretty bad ass looking trucks. They were some wicked doughnuts tho that he did with the L

flashlight

Established Member
I have seen both shows. And yes I did notice there were no 2nd gen's. I was dissapointed with the outcome of the 2 trucks. I thought they were both slow as hell for what they had done to them. Think about it. A 2nd gen truck will run 8.6's bone stock. It,s easy as hell to get them to run low 8's and not that hard to get them to run in the 7's.

Last edited:

chuckdlightning

Established Member
Yeah... I was just dissapointed that there would be a "sport-truck shoot out" and no 2nd-gens would be there. WTF?

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
It was like 2 weeks before L-fest, yet it couldn't be advertised on other L boards because they didn't want it to take away from Lfest attendance. Kinda stupid IMO, if guys are gonna go to L fest they're still gonna go, but anyway, it was in Loudon KY. A bunch of us from DelVal were going to go, until we found out you could only run the 1/8th if you were faster than like a 12 since the track was so short, and a lot of the DelValLO'ers have some of the fastest trucks in the country, so a lot of us didn't want to make the 20 hour drive just to run the 1/8th

Users who are viewing this thread