• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Trump to end all immigration from Middle East to the US

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Tx5811, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Machdup1

Machdup1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

If you are in the US, you are protected by the Constitution. Even illegals have Constitutional protections as they are any person.

"nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Marc also offered compelling evidence that foreigners who are permanent residents are extend further protections under the civil rights act of 1964 (if I remember correctly).

2. DHG1078

DHG1078 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Established Member

So how does that relate to the immigration ban in the middle east, i.e. people not in the united states and hold no property or other investments protected by US law.

3. Machdup1

I suspect that it does not. I thought you were extending the argument to illegals currently on US soil. If you want a good read (well supported) on the subject, following this link. I think it supports your position fairly well and is certainly more credible than my opinion.

http://scholarship.law.georgetown.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1302&context=facpub

4. DHG1078

Stuff from Facebook. The crap that spews out of people's mouths is unreal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DHG1078

How can the courts say Trump didn't show enough evidence to justify the ban based on safety, if they aren't able to be briefed on classified information?

6. MarcSpaz

MarcSpaz Resident Trouble Maker Premium Member Established Member

The problem is, he did give them enough evidence, the 9Th Circus court just doesn't care. They are party line Dems, through and true.

The fact that the 7 countries in question either have no means or desire to confirm identity or affiliation with known enemies of the US from their country is the ONLY reason we need. We don't know who the bad guys are. But that doesn't help the Dem agenda, so it gets ignored.

I believe that some of the people in positions of power don't care about the security of our nation, because if they did, this would be a non-issue. Instead, these same people will blame the current administration if we have another terror attack in US soil.

7. DHG1078

From what I have read, the courts don't have the constitutional authority to overturn or even review an EO concerning immigration.

How can these courts even rule it unconstitutional, if so? What sort of repercussions can these judges face for ruling blatantly against the constitution?

I am 100% for the separation of powers, and the president can't just go around firing judges, as that removes the separation, but what happens when judges no longer rule in line with well established law?

8. MarcSpaz

No judge has the authority to rule an EO illegal or unconstitutional. They can't be fired... they have to be impeached by the House of Representatives.

The problem is, Trump may be afraid to ignore the courts because he may think the Democrats will try to have him impeached. The Republican House may be afraid to impeach the judges because they think they will lose the trust of the people.

The Democrat party has been vilifying the Republican party so brutally for the last 100 years that they are afraid to do their job.

9. Machdup1

+1. They finally achieve power and they are hiding in the corner afraid they won't be reelected.

MarcSpaz likes this.
  10. DHG1078

The media is still against them. Everything they do is under a microscope and being spun. They need to grow a pair and do what is necessary for the good of the country.

Take a page from Trump and don't bend to the press. Double down and keep on trucking.

11. BRNG ITT

BRNG ITT Well-Known Member Established Member

If you are in the US, you are protected by certain aspects of the Constitution; you are not privileged to all of the same rights as US Citizens. The protection of life, liberty and property in lawful circumstances doesn't guarantee a non-citizen or non-permanent resident's right to enter or remain in the U.S.

PaxtonShelby likes this.
  12. MarcSpaz

While I would like to agree with you on principle, it doesn't actually work that way. The courts have released opinions that unless the individual violates imagration laws or the terms of their visa, they are free to come and go as they please, once properly gaining a visa. Also, any visitors to the US must be covered under all of our laws so the can be prosecuted if they commit crimes. Those same laws aford them protections as well.

You can't pick and choose what individual laws apply and which don't.

13. Machdup1

Follow and read the document I provided in the link(post #323), it provides detailed information on the subject matter.