Trunk floor mat :(

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Hey guys, i had an oopscident. About half a quart of oil spilled on my trunk floor mat :( I soaked into the mat and i am wondering how to go about cleaning it. Its tough with the cardboard backing. I hope i dont have to buy a new one over this!

ESU1909

Established Member
I feel your pain. While transporting a case off Miller Genuine Draft in the trunk of My Mustang, one of the bottles had a crack.......fill in the blanks. I scrubbed it with some soap to the best of my abilities, and hung a vanillaroma tree off to the side to kill the beer smell.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I've experienced good results from throwing and old yoga mat back there. beer, oil, and dead hookers just wipe right off.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I really like the embroidered ones you posted the link for, but they are just covers for the piece that is ruined in mine. They arent cardboard backed. I hate the smell of oil, even if it is new/clean oil! Im gonna just have to break down and buy a new one, if i cant find a perfect one in a junkyard.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I really like the embroidered ones you posted the link for, but they are just covers for the piece that is ruined in mine. They arent cardboard backed. I hate the smell of oil, even if it is new/clean oil! Im gonna just have to break down and buy a new one, if i cant find a perfect one in a junkyard.

im sure you can find a good one. try MPS in GA.

http://mpsautosalvage.com/sunshop/

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
$(KGrHqJ,!gwFD)4-EZWeBRN0+YPBmw~~60_57.JPG

invest in this and throw out your oem rug...ive spilled tons on of shit in my trunk and i just hose this off
$70 on ebay and its OEM

Users who are viewing this thread