• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Trunk mounted intercooler coolant tank

Discussion in 'Engine/Tuning' started by G3T_TERMINATED, Mar 22, 2020.

1. G3T_TERMINATED

G3T_TERMINATED New Member

Hi all, I'm still new to posting...

I did a search and was able to find some great info on what others have done regarding the trunk mounted systems, but was curious if anyone could tell me when they use a rule 2000 pump do they usually do in tank setup? And if so how do you secure the pump so it doesn't slosh around in there and stays vertically oriented? I'm going to have a buddy build my tank but am not sure how I would mount the pump internally. Can I use the rule 2000 pump externally? It'll be awesome to get the IC tank out of the batter location and in the trunk so I can install a custom oil catch can in its place. Any details are appreciated.

2. SecondhandSnake

SecondhandSnake Well-Known Member Established Member

It looks like there's a number of mounting brackets available for <$20 you could use. A couple bolts and you're good to go. Internal mounting bosses would eliminate any chance for leaks.

FWIW the bilge pumps like that have a great free flow rate, but their flow rate drops off dramatically as restriction increases, and the intercooler system has a very high restriction.

3. Wings65288

Wings65288 Well-Known Member Established Member

Id just grab one of these:
    CHISELED PERFORMANCE WATERTANKS
    The guy told me to be sure to remove the factory pump (have only 1 pump in the system). I also used the stock pumps wiring, extended the stock wires all the way back to the trunk.

They mount the Rule 2000 in the tank.

4. CustomX

CustomX Member Established Member

I have the Tig Vision trunk tank setup, they also mount pump inside the tank. Have been using the setup almost 2 years have have 0 complaints. Can drive the car on the street for hours and the water in the tank not be very hot.