Trunk mounted intercooler coolant tank

G3T_TERMINATED

Hi all, I'm still new to posting...

I did a search and was able to find some great info on what others have done regarding the trunk mounted systems, but was curious if anyone could tell me when they use a rule 2000 pump do they usually do in tank setup? And if so how do you secure the pump so it doesn't slosh around in there and stays vertically oriented? I'm going to have a buddy build my tank but am not sure how I would mount the pump internally. Can I use the rule 2000 pump externally? It'll be awesome to get the IC tank out of the batter location and in the trunk so I can install a custom oil catch can in its place. Any details are appreciated.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
It looks like there's a number of mounting brackets available for <$20 you could use. A couple bolts and you're good to go. Internal mounting bosses would eliminate any chance for leaks.

FWIW the bilge pumps like that have a great free flow rate, but their flow rate drops off dramatically as restriction increases, and the intercooler system has a very high restriction.

CustomX

Established Member
I have the Tig Vision trunk tank setup, they also mount pump inside the tank. Have been using the setup almost 2 years have have 0 complaints. Can drive the car on the street for hours and the water in the tank not be very hot.

buexdreux

Established Member
I just purchased a 7 gallon trunk tank with the rule 2000 pump mounted internally (excellent price; couldn’t turn it down) and I’m running a GT500 h/e with a DC EWP150 pump for the h/e. My question is will the Rule 2000 pump slow the flow significantly and will it hurt the pump to leave it completely submerged?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Soap

Established Member
I just purchased a 7 gallon trunk tank with the rule 2000 pump mounted internally (excellent price; couldn’t turn it down) and I’m running a GT500 h/e with a DC EWP150 pump for the h/e. My question is will the Rule 2000 pump slow the flow significantly and will it hurt the pump to leave it completely submerged?

Rule's are bilge pumps, they are made to be submersed in water.

--Joe

Users who are viewing this thread