Trying to buy a Shelby and it's a pathetic experience.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
It's pretty frustrating to get one of these 2020's. Being a die hard Mustang Fanatic my whole life.
1st car allocation. Local dealership tells me the allocation is mine. Sell the BOSS to get some cash for the 2020. 1 week later, dealer owner tells me that I was actually #2 in line, never got the car. Sold mint BOSS for nothing!

2nd car I find for MSRP is non local. I ask salesman to check it over to make sure no defects (even new cars come damaged at times). Honest salesman sends me pictures of back bumper vinyl stripes being scratched pretty bad. Doesn't wax out. I ask them to fix the stripes and I will buy the car. Told the GM doesn't want to replace anything or fix them. (Real good business ethics! Gonna pay $80k for a car with scratches? NOT!

3rd car I find non local. I ask the salesman to take some pictures for me. The advertisement for the car only had stock FORD pictures. Response is why would you want picture when the car is new? UM. Maybe because I want to see what I am buying sight unseen.

Honestly, besides ADM, this other shit is pathetic.

Maybe it's just me. Almost feel like switching over to a HELLCAT. Maybe the dealers are less snobby!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Eh it just depends on who you deal with.

I do find your last sentence to be ignorant though.

What makes a dealer snobby? While they own the vehicle, they are more than welcome to do anything that they want to it.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
The way the last one talked to me. Almost laughed because I asked for pictures. I am sorry but I am not rich. I can't buy an $80k car and not care if it isn't perfect.
Eh it just depends on who you deal with.

I do find your last sentence to be ignorant though.

What makes a dealer snobby? While they own the vehicle, they are more than welcome to do anything that they want to it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@kcobra, you have every right to ask for photos if that's what you want/need. And every right to expect a dealership to help you with a purchase. If you're not happy with their sales service, move on. I've dealt with a few uncooperative salespersons over the years. If they can't treat me with respect, I simply go to a dealership who will.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
What color and options you looking for? I just saw a Rapid Red w/ painted black stripes, tech and handling pack @ msrp in TX

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
In Dec 2020 (and most of 2020 to be honest) most dealers have 0 interest in selling anything to someone looking for a deal.

Is what it is...

Wait until the economy literally crashes to hell and you will be in a good position to pick something up for cheap when these same dealers are trying to give the shit away.

fearthesnake

Established Member
It's pretty frustrating to get one of these 2020's. Being a die hard Mustang Fanatic my whole life.
1st car allocation. Local dealership tells me the allocation is mine. Sell the BOSS to get some cash for the 2020. 1 week later, dealer owner tells me that I was actually #2 in line, never got the car. Sold mint BOSS for nothing!

2nd car I find for MSRP is non local. I ask salesman to check it over to make sure no defects (even new cars come damaged at times). Honest salesman sends me pictures of back bumper vinyl stripes being scratched pretty bad. Doesn't wax out. I ask them to fix the stripes and I will buy the car. Told the GM doesn't want to replace anything or fix them. (Real good business ethics! Gonna pay $80k for a car with scratches? NOT!

3rd car I find non local. I ask the salesman to take some pictures for me. The advertisement for the car only had stock FORD pictures. Response is why would you want picture when the car is new? UM. Maybe because I want to see what I am buying sight unseen.

Maybe it's just me. Almost feel like switching over to a HELLCAT. Maybe the dealers are less snobby!
Sorry to hear and issues like this make it easy to walk away from Ford and never turn back.

Seems like loyalty is a 1 way street now with Ford.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Find a volume dealer and let someone who earns it get the sale money. Too easy to walk and find another dealer.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Your frustration is real for sure, however this is how it goes when trying to buy a high demand Halo car from any manufacturer. The C8 corvette buyers have the same problems, and Raptors are still selling at MSRP or higher in some markets. Do you have a good relationship with your local Ford dealer? That is usually the best way to get a MSRP or lower price on a GT500. I have been purchasing new Fords from my local small town Ford dealer and have secured a 2021 at MSRP but have to wait, I placed my order back in may. The reason you can get a Redeye easily is they have them sitting on dealer lots all around the country . Dodge has has almost an $8000 rebate and most dealerships will sell them at invoice on top of that. Try to buy a Super Stock Redeye and it will cost you almost $18 K more than the Redeye will.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Welcome to the club OP. It is a lot of work to buy a New Ford. It comes down to the dealer. It took us 6 months to find an f450 during the height of this Covid crap. Apple Ford and Lincoln in Maryland finally came through with the best deal and easiest transaction I've ever had buying a vehicle. Literally 15 minutes to do the whole transaction.

blue 07

Established Member

I cover most of the Ford dealerships in New England for over 25 years now and sure I've been to who you are talking about. Don't need to bash the individual dealer by name but if you would like some help in this I can help you out. Let me know exactly what your looking for and we can take it from there.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I LOVE the new GT500, but I WOULD NEVER pay over sticker for one. That's just me.
If I could get one at MSRP and order it the way I want, without searching/emailing all the Ford dealerships across America, I probably would have had one. I still think about it once in a while.

TFStang

Established Member
I think you are being more than reasonable. As others have said if the dealer can’t accommodate some basis requests, move on. There are plenty of dealers that will be more than happy to provide you with what you need without the attitude. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread