Trying to buy a Shelby and it's a pathetic experience.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
For the hell of it, I visited Apple Fords web and they had this 500.
a08c6bc3c7e2dca9014918ecc2f55f28.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Doesn't look like msrp. I appreciate all the comments. I am far from rich and that is why msrp works. That is why cars have a list price. Lol
Hopefully some day.

BlownAway03

Established Member
If you found one at msrp and didn't buy because of a stripe defect, I don't think you really want one. You can replace the stripes for under $250 from bigwormgraphix, and they'll look better without the gaps that the factory stripes have.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
In Dec 2020 (and most of 2020 to be honest) most dealers have 0 interest in selling anything to someone looking for a deal.

Is what it is...

Wait until the economy literally crashes to hell and you will be in a good position to pick something up for cheap when these same dealers are trying to give the shit away.

I disagree, if people are serious looking and have the means to buy. Getting deals isnt that hard. Im looking at 2 2020 GT500 right now at MSRP. That i plan to go look at over the weekend. Honestly people dick around with dealerships and dont buy and waste there time. I totally understand where they come from. But i expect top notch service when i come in to make a deal.

Ive also bought 2 brand new vehicles this year. 2019 MKZ and a 2020 Edge ST got a great deal on both.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I disagree, if people are serious looking and have the means to buy. Getting deals isnt that hard. Im looking at 2 2020 GT500 right now at MSRP. That i plan to go look at over the weekend. Honestly people dick around with dealerships and dont buy and waste there time. I totally understand where they come from. But i expect top notch service when i come in to make a deal.

Ive also bought 2 brand new vehicles this year. 2019 MKZ and a 2020 Edge ST got a great deal on both.

Buying a 500 at MSRP is a great deal? LMAO.... Ok big spender...

I look forward to pics of your new car along with the purchase agreement.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Well im not saying buying a gt500 at msrp is a great deal now. But saying there arent any dealers out there selling them just means you havent tried hard enough.

HD117

Established Member
I will say this, knowing the shit I might get, but in attempting to sell my GT500 at LESS than MSRP with 13 miles, I have come to the conclusion that money talks, bullshit walks, with many of those complaining about not being able to find a GT500 without ADM, not that serious about actually buying one. Ok, flame away, but just sharing my observations.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member

I look forward to pics of your new car along with the purchase agreement.

Wait I'm confused. I know for most cars, getting below MSRP is usual. But cars like the new 500 that are going to 15+ over MSRP, you don't think MSRP is a good buy? I think it's good. Maybe not great lol, but good nonetheless given what some people are paying.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I paid $5k over and thought that was a pretty good deal considering I got to option the car how I wanted. MSRP is definitely a good deal, I looked for months and couldn't find but 1 car @ msrp.

Breitling

Established Member
I watch cars.com and cargurus frequently and I see the same GT500s sitting for months on a dealers floor. The prices will come down. 2021's will roll out, then the next "gotta have it" car will be produced and soon the '20/'21 GT500 will not look so attractive. This happened with the '13/'14s and will happen again.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I watch cars.com and cargurus frequently and I see the same GT500s sitting for months on a dealers floor. The prices will come down. 2021's will roll out, then the next "gotta have it" car will be produced and soon the '20/'21 GT500 will not look so attractive. This happened with the '13/'14s and will happen again.
Quick search shows over 700+ cars on dealer lots.

What I don't get is there are several with hundreds, some even 2K-3K miles on them as "new" with an ADM. A lot of joy riding it seems.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
My Local Dealer has 2 New GT 500's in the Showroom:

A Red with Black Stripe car with a $ 25K ADM Sticker

A Silver Painted Black stripe CFTP with a $ 50K ADM Sticker.

Anticipate them sitting a long time.. Also has a New White /Blue Stripe Ford GT, not for sale..

dcgtconv

Established Member
I had a horrible ADM experience yesterday. Had a 21 spot reserved with my dealer since April with a 7.5k ADM agreed to by both parties. fast forward to yesterday when I called my dealer for an update on the 21 orders, that I have been anxiously waiting for, and he elected to say they wouldn’t honour the 7.5k ADM any longer they need to have 30k - needless to say things didn’t go well and they lost a customer. But things worked out, found a 2020 2.5 hours from me (Magnetic, recaros, vinyl OTT and side stripes, tech and handling packages, CF dash, grey cover) for 5k ADM, pick it up next week and now don’t have to wait until likely late next summer for delivery, things worked out in the end.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 142
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 134

fearthesnake

Established Member
I had a horrible ADM experience yesterday. Had a 21 spot reserved with my dealer since April with a 7.5k ADM agreed to by both parties. fast forward to yesterday when I called my dealer for an update on the 21 orders, that I have been anxiously waiting for, and he elected to say they wouldn’t honour the 7.5k ADM any longer they need to have 30k - needless to say things didn’t go well and they lost a customer. But things worked out, found a 2020 2.5 hours from me (Magnetic, recaros, vinyl OTT and side stripes, tech and handling packages, CF dash, grey cover) for 5k ADM, pick it up next week and now don’t have to wait until likely late next summer for delivery, things worked out in the end.
Very beautiful car and Congrats!

I will say this, knowing the shit I might get, but in attempting to sell my GT500 at LESS than MSRP with 13 miles, I have come to the conclusion that money talks, bullshit walks, with many of those complaining about not being able to find a GT500 without ADM, not that serious about actually buying one. Ok, flame away, but just sharing my observations.

@HD117 - Why are you selling? Sounds like a good deal for under MSRP with only 31 miles on it? What color and options - GT500 do you have that you are trying to sell?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My Local Dealer has 2 New GT 500's in the Showroom:
A Red with Black Stripe car with a $ 25K ADM Sticker
A Silver Painted Black stripe CFTP with a $ 50K ADM Sticker.
Anticipate them sitting a long time.. Also has a New White /Blue Stripe Ford GT, not for sale..
EL OH EL!!!

What a slap in the face! Some Ford dealerships make it out to seem like these cars are worth more than 100K. Pffffffftttttttttttttttttttt I beg to differ. They are worth sticker, after that,........NOPE. That's my personal opinion.
Someone will buy them. Someone with stacks of cash and that doesn't care about the ADM. They just want to be the first in their area to have the GT500.
But, I am with you. I hope they sit and sit in the showroom floor for a very long time.

eagle eye

Established Member

I'm glad everything worked out for you DCGT.
The frustration you experienced will be a distant memory once you're behind the wheel of that beast.

Users who are viewing this thread