Trying to buy a Shelby and it's a pathetic experience.

dcgtconv

Established Member
I know I will love the car, will be a long winter looking at it in my shop for the next 4 months waiting for spring though, but I have one! Yipeee!!!!

I'm glad everything worked out for you DCGT.
The frustration you experienced will be a distant memory once you're behind the wheel of that beast.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I know I will love the car, will be a long winter looking at it in my shop for the next 4 months waiting for spring though, but I have one! Yipeee!!!!

Was just talking to my friend the other day. We just got our first snow. Officially no more driving her around for a few months now. I hate this time of year. It's one expensive paper weight during the winter time lol.

1FASFKR

Established Member
If you found one at msrp and didn't buy because of a stripe defect, I don't think you really want one. You can replace the stripes for under $250 from bigwormgraphix, and they'll look better without the gaps that the factory stripes have.

I look at it differently. The fact that the dealership didn't offer to correct the issue in some way to move the car is a bigger problem. But there are always some people that go outta their way to suck a **** despite being treated shitty. Dealership like those people.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I look forward to pics of your new car along with the purchase agreement.

Well looks like i was too late. Got a call yesterday the 2 Gt500 i was interested sold this week. Wasnt a surprise considering they were at MSRP.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I look at it differently. The fact that the dealership didn't offer to correct the issue in some way to move the car is a bigger problem. But there are always some people that go outta their way to suck a **** despite being treated shitty. Dealership like those people.

Any defect is warranty fixable.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's warranty fixable, but I would never buy a new vehicle that has damage that would have to be fixed after the sale. Especially an expensive car like the GT-500. A dealer who refused to fix any visible damage (to my satisfaction) before closing on the sale would be a dealer I would walk away from. I'd take my business to a dealer who actually cares about my business. What the hell has happened to "customer satisfaction"? Too many businesses, including car dealerships, act like they're doing you a favor when doing business with you. There are, fortunately, those who still do care. You just have to find them, and support them.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It's warranty fixable, but I would never buy a new vehicle that has damage that would have to be fixed after the sale. Especially an expensive car like the GT-500. A dealer who refused to fix any visible damage (to my satisfaction) before closing on the sale would be a dealer I would walk away from. I'd take my business to a dealer who actually cares about my business. What the hell has happened to "customer satisfaction"? Too many businesses, including car dealerships, act like they're doing you a favor when doing business with you. There are, fortunately, those who still do care. You just have to find them, and support them.

Maybe there is a reason for it. Such as the they dont get paid till its a warranty claim. I dont have the answer to why, im also not worried about it because its easy to walk away and find another or possibly get some money knocked off that one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My experience with other manufacturers is that if a car is damaged (ie. in transit to the dealer), the dealer fixes the damage and usually doesn't notify the buying customer. If the customer (this happened once to me) finds a defect like scratches, the dealer fixes it before the customer picks it up. Or the customer looks for another vehicle. But I've honestly never heard of a dealer refusing to fix the defect. Maybe it's different with Ford. But like you said, you can always walk away and find another car, or see if you can get some money knocked off.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Back in 2003, I was looking at a new F150 super crew FX4.

truck was in stock at local dealer, everything looked great, don’t know why but I stood on the door sill to look at the roof and there was a 8 inch long by 1 inch wide scrape mark on the roof, almost down to the bare metal.

we think it was from a loose swinging chain, either from the train or the transport truck.

dealer took care of it right away before I picked the truck up, needed a couple extra days to get it to the body shop and back. No big deal, looked good as new when I took delivery and never had an issue with it for the 10 years and 175,000 miles I owned it.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I had a horrible ADM experience yesterday. Had a 21 spot reserved with my dealer since April with a 7.5k ADM agreed to by both parties. fast forward to yesterday when I called my dealer for an update on the 21 orders, that I have been anxiously waiting for, and he elected to say they wouldn’t honour the 7.5k ADM any longer they need to have 30k - needless to say things didn’t go well and they lost a customer. But things worked out, found a 2020 2.5 hours from me (Magnetic, recaros, vinyl OTT and side stripes, tech and handling packages, CF dash, grey cover) for 5k ADM, pick it up next week and now don’t have to wait until likely late next summer for delivery, things worked out in the end.
Glad it worked out for you in the end.

One question, did both parties agree to that 7.5k ADM in writing or was it just verbal?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
My experience with other manufacturers is that if a car is damaged (ie. in transit to the dealer), the dealer fixes the damage and usually doesn't notify the buying customer. If the customer (this happened once to me) finds a defect like scratches, the dealer fixes it before the customer picks it up. Or the customer looks for another vehicle. But I've honestly never heard of a dealer refusing to fix the defect. Maybe it's different with Ford. But like you said, you can always walk away and find another car, or see if you can get some money knocked off.

Speaking of other manufacturers, was out car shopping with family friends yesterday. Was at a Toyota dealership. They had a few vehicles with damage. Nothing crazy just scratches and damaged paint. Notified the salesman. He said no big deal, if you purchase the vehicle they will fix it. But much like ford they had zero plans to fix it prior to someone purchasing the vehicle.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hometown for Christmas and my podunk town has one, lol. Doesn’t even have painted stripes. Love the “dealer accessories”.

Attachments

• B705ADCB-B432-46FD-81A3-97C4CE40318A.jpeg
    B705ADCB-B432-46FD-81A3-97C4CE40318A.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 155

dcgtconv

Established Member
The only part in writing was a text message between me and the dealer stating the $7.5k. If I didn’t find the back up plan at the price I did, I would have pushed back much harder, but at the end of the day I didn’t want to give the original dealer 5 cents of my money because of there shady business practices

Glad it worked out for you in the end.

One question, did both parties agree to that 7.5k ADM in writing or was it just verbal?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread