TT/MW

Established Member
It’s a gray 2014 with 6200 miles. Has Recaros, and cover
no nav

For $47k

Do y’all think that it worth that

mdoan

Established Member
Doesn’t seem very overpriced to me. I’ve yet to see any 13/14 with <30k sell below the 40 mark. COVID should shift negotiating advantage to the buyer though, imo, especially for performance cars.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Price seems reasonable, would depend on the cars condition & documentation.
Private seller ?
If it's @ a dealership, would they put you in contact with the previous owner ?

Shaneyusa

Established Member
Been looking too.

Price seems fair for mileage, but... Really need to know options, history, mods, and condition. So no Nav (small -) but you get Recaros (+), and the cover, anything else?

Need to know does it have
SVT Performance Pack (Show stopper for me EDIT:if not on the car)
SVT Track Pack (Must have for me)
Glass Top (Huge Plus)
Others...
Navigation (Nice to have, but yours does not have. No biggie for me)
Shaker Pro (Nice but probably won't matter or hear it anyway (grin))

Then need to know what mods. Some can be good, some can be a really bad thing and even indicate past use.

Prices have seemed to rise a bit this year. I could have gotten a very low mileage 2013 one owner with everything (Perf, Track, Recaro's Nav, Pro Sound, and Glasstop) and fully stock for $48k from a local dealer with Ford Certified coverage a year and a half ago. Messed up on that one, the big fish that got away. Probably well over $50k for something like that now.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Need to know does it have
SVT Performance Pack (show stopper for me)
SVT Track Pack (Must have for me)
Glass Top (Huge Plus)

Gotta ask, why would the Perf Pack be a show stopper?

And unless your going specific speeds, the Track Pack CAN BE more hassle than it's worth. 99.999% of people don't need it and don't utilize it; including me.

NO WAY, I'd buy a 13/14 without the Performance Pack.

Shaneyusa

Established Member
Gotta ask, why would the Perf Pack be a show stopper?

And unless your going specific speeds, the Track Pack CAN BE more hassle than it's worth. 99.999% of people don't need it and don't utilize it; including me.

NO WAY, I'd buy a 13/14 without the Performance Pack.

Show stopper if it is NOT on the car. Something I want as well as the track pack.

Guess I was not clear.

So explain why you feel the Track Pack is a hassle... I would think the extra cooling components would be a must.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Show stopper if it is NOT on the car. Something I want as well as the track pack.

Guess I was not clear.

So explain why you feel the Track Pack is a hassle... I would think the extra cooling components would be a must.

No worries. I saw "must have for Track Pack" asked my wife if I was interpreting it right before responding. But yes, gotta have PP, and Glass Roof, imo.

Track pack my thoughts. The hassle part, more stuff that can come loose (lines and fittings), and start leaking. If your not a do it yourself, than your at the mercy of a shop to fix the leak. Periodically threads come up ref this. Also when you do an oil change, some old oil will remain in the system. Not much, but still.

I've never had a car over heat or blow up on me because it was lacking a Track Package. My point, I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Cut and pasted from another thread to save on my typing'

"I live in Florida, and was hoping that the TP would keep the temps down, thus
giving some components a longer life; however, as I understand it, the TP only activates at pre-determined temps and possibly will never activate during normal drag strip or street racing conditions, only under heavy track conditions etc."

"The transmission cooler is on-line all the time, no temperature control.
The engine oil cooler is temperature controlled, 170 degrees F.
The rear axle cooler is temperature controlled, 228 degrees F, this cooler may never be used except on a road course or on a very hot day."

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/track-pack-or-not.907834/

Users who are viewing this thread