Trying to source stock Goodyear tire

Ablaze

Established Member
So the last 200 miles of my trip back home my rear passenger tire wouldn't hold air. I immediately bring it to Ford and they tell me the tire caught a chunk of wood. Long story short it's being replaced but they only have the 100 load version of the tire and not the 92 load. I may have those numbers wrong. Considering they're 3 different versions of the Michelin 295s I'm forced to assume that, despite being told otherwise, there is a physical difference between the 92 and 100 load version of the Goodyear 285s.

Will I have any issues running a different load rated tire?

Ablaze

Established Member
Okay thanks. Anyone ever use the Zurich road hazard plan? Tried to call them and they're closed today but I wanted to know if they'll pay what the Goodyear is worth and I just pay the difference toward upgrading to Michelins in the rear. I hate leaving her at the dealership (which now shes officially been there longer than I've owned her) but I figure right now if I have to wait a few days to get the Michelins in I'll be happier.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
There is NO comparison between the OEM GYs and Michelins. They are worth the wait!

I'm not familiar with the Zurich road hazard plan, but Discount Tire's coverage is hard to beat. Moreover, I've never had any trouble obtaining benefits under their plan. Highly recommended.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
Okay thanks. Anyone ever use the Zurich road hazard plan? Tried to call them and they're closed today but I wanted to know if they'll pay what the Goodyear is worth and I just pay the difference toward upgrading to Michelins in the rear. I hate leaving her at the dealership (which now shes officially been there longer than I've owned her) but I figure right now if I have to wait a few days to get the Michelins in I'll be happier.

just talked to my F&I guy for you. Zurich will pay to replace whatever you have on the vehicle, so I'm sure you can work something out with them. :beer:

Ablaze

Established Member
just talked to my F&I guy for you. Zurich will pay to replace whatever you have on the vehicle, so I'm sure you can work something out with them. :beer:
Thanks so much. I just called my dealership back so we can get those ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread