TSW Nurburgring wheels on a Terminator

hyelife2

Established Member
Has anyone had any experience with the TSW Nurburgring wheels on a terminator ?
From what I have read the bolt pattern should work but I am unsure how far in or out the wheel would sit depending on the offset.
According to TSW they make a 18x9 and 18x10.5 which is what I was looking into.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

MrSwa

Established Member
This will depend on the offset. The stock wheels are 9in wide and 26mm offset. Once you increase the width, the offset will need to be different to maintain proper spacing. You particular setup will also effect how much wheel can fit. Any idea what these wheels are?

oldmodman

Established Member
Just went to TSW's site and looked at pictures of the wheels.

They just don't feel like they would look right on a Cobra. Cobras look better with wide lips wheels. The TSW spokes are flush with the lip and look like FWD wheels.

Just what I think.

hyelife2

Established Member
This will depend on the offset. The stock wheels are 9in wide and 26mm offset. Once you increase the width, the offset will need to be different to maintain proper spacing. You particular setup will also effect how much wheel can fit. Any idea what these wheels are?

The 18x9 have a either a 32mm or 63mm offset and the 18x10.5 has a 27mm offset. There is also a 18x8.5 with a 22mm offset.
Anyone know how those would fit/look ?

MrSwa

Established Member
Here are the front and backspacing value for the wheels. You will need to measure your specific setup to make sure they will fit. Backspacing would be the distance from the mounting surface of the wheel to the back edge. Front spacing is obviously the reverse. I can't give you any advice because I had the chance to buy any wheels yet. Remember, THIS IS WITHOUT TIRES!!!! Tires vary in size a lot (brand to brand).

TSW Wheels

18x8.5 w/ 22mm offset
Backspacing - 5.62"
Front Spacing - 3.88"

18x9 w/ 32mm offset
Backspacing - 6.26"
Front Spacing - 3.74"

18x9 w/ 63mm offset
Backspacing - 7.48"
Front Spacing - 2.52"

18x10.5 w/ 22mm offset
Backspacing - 6.62"
Front Spacing - 4.88"

Stock Cobra

17x9 w/ 26mm offset
Backspacing - 6.02"
Frontspacing - 3.98"

SVTwhore

Established Member
I like the look but I'm with oldmodman on the lack of the wide lip. The deep dish look is pretty awesome looking imo but, to each his own.

tomscobra

Established Member
looking to run same TSW Nurburgring wheels on my 03 cobra...what offset should i get on the 18x9 front ???? is it 33mm

the 18x10.5 has an offset of 27mm

thanks,
Tom

Last edited:

JStyles

Established Member
Front 18x9 32mm offset
rear 18x10.5 27mm offset

No spacers needed with 295/35 BFG KDW2 in the rear.

*Hyelife, sorry it took so long to get this posted...

Last edited:

OSUALUM78

Established Member
Subscribe, but I was looking to get the Interlago's 18x9F and 18x10.5R. I'm just not fond of the spokes 'bleeding' to the lip and no lip present on the Interlago's (or Nurs)

It's tough to find a lightweight black wheel with the correct sizing and offsets that isn't done to death.....:shrug:

Now looking into Forgestar's. Same 'rotary' forging process, better response by lots (TSW's get a bad rap for some reason) due to testing speced out to meet requirement of SAE and JWL VIA, and they do third party independent testing like STL. Just not very many style options with them (lots of color options though).And depending upon style, many size/offset options. Read many threads on them = they have bad lugnut clearance (slim) = paint scratching for many. Won awards at SEMA too

Last edited:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Not a fan on the new edges. I had played with the idea for my cobra but after seeing that pic decided to go with Matte Black FR500. But I will be getting these rims for my wifes s197 thou.

Users who are viewing this thread