TT 03 cobra rebuild****picture heavy***

aaronj

Established Member
Couple more pictures of the harness fit up.

IMG_1971.jpeg

^I modified the bracket for the main connector so it sits lower.

IMG_1969.jpeg

IMG_1970.jpeg

Last edited:

aaronj

Established Member
Some odds and ends:

Mac valves for Co2 boost control, using a Motion Race Works mount.

IMG_1908.jpeg
IMG_1911.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg

^Lowdoller temp/pressure sensor for oil.

IMG_1977.jpeg

^Made a bracket to mount the vacuum distribution block on the back of the cylinder head. FPR, MAP/boost gauge, AC, HOBB switch and BOV will all plumb into here.

IMG_1980.jpeg

IMG_1982.jpeg

IMG_1983.jpeg

IMG_2024.jpeg

Motion flex fuel sensor mount.

aaronj

Established Member
Also finished the power steering lines.

IMG_1916.jpeg

^Added an fittings the power steering tank.

IMG_1918.jpeg
IMG_1952.jpeg
IMG_1940.jpeg

aaronj

Established Member
Picked up a 200 amp alternator, you can also see where the engine harness and its connectors sit.

IMG_2031.jpeg

IMG_2035.jpeg

^ Engine harness installed. Hides behind the AC dryer and heater hoses.

IMG_2036.jpeg

Below pictures show the final fuse box location and associated wiring.
IMG_2032.jpeg
IMG_2034.jpeg
IMG_2033.jpeg

Last edited:

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member
HOTSIDE:
CG FAB forward facing headers. These are the ones that let you keep the A/C power steering and sway bar. It requires the timing cover pictured below to work though.
View attachment 1701476

Awesome build!

I've been looking for forward facing headers for a long time now and everywhere I looked either I didn't like them or the company was out of business. I don't have a 4V though still this company CG makes them for a 2V too. I'm glad I opened this thread. Thanks for posting your build.

aaronj

Established Member
I got it running about a month ago before having to leave for a work trip. Im trying to teach myself how to tune. Also working on some cosmetic stuff, powder coating ect. I'll do an update soon.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Some odds and ends:

Mac valves for Co2 boost control, using a Motion Race Works mount.

View attachment 1708767 View attachment 1708768

View attachment 1708769
^Lowdoller temp/pressure sensor for oil.

View attachment 1708770
^Made a bracket to mount the vacuum distribution block on the back of the cylinder head. FPR, MAP/boost gauge, AC, HOBB switch and BOV will all plumb into here.

View attachment 1708771

View attachment 1708772

View attachment 1708773

View attachment 1708774
Motion flex fuel sensor mount.

Funny, I haven’t heard of motion until about maybe a year ago. Joe had one of their catch cans for sale and the dude that built the ultima said their were boxer people( I have two of those turd factories) so I bought one of their catch cams, and got the same flex fuel sensor. My DSG is going back to byepolr for some updates and upgrades. Quite possibly a new higher compression engine with ported heads and turbo cams and a new tick super-mag 6spd along with a Holley computer and flex-fuel(e85 sucks to get in Montana). It’s inspirational to see others using similar stuff before I even realized it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

aaronj

Established Member
Funny, I haven’t heard of motion until about maybe a year ago. Joe had one of their catch cans for sale and the dude that built the ultima said their were boxer people( I have two of those turd factories) so I bought one of their catch cams, and got the same flex fuel sensor. My DSG is going back to byepolr for some updates and upgrades. Quite possibly a new higher compression engine with ported heads and turbo cams and a new tick super-mag 6spd along with a Holley computer and flex-fuel(e85 sucks to get in Montana). It’s inspirational to see others using similar stuff before I even realized it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Its cool seeing how Doug grew that company into what it is today. They have some nice parts, their new throttle bodies are pretty cool.

Im also partial to boxers, haven’t had one in a long time but they are the best dogs IMO. Wish they lived longer.

I was looking around on the forum the other day trying to find the for sale ad or a thread on your car. I really wanted to buy it when it came up for sale, just the timing was wrong. You’ll definitely have to keep us updated on those upgrades.

aaronj

Established Member
Figure I'll do an update to get this thread caught up to where the car sits currently. Im waiting on a cowl from Carbon Driven and a radiator cover and brake reservoir cover from Harpell Autofab. Also have parts being powder coated. Also trying to learn how to tune using Evan performance academy. Theres a strong possibility that I'll just take it to the tuner as I'm getting impatient.

Made a couple turbo support brackets.
IMG_2049.jpeg

IMG_2050.jpeg
IMG_2052.jpeg

Also made a couple waste gate dumps.
IMG_2054.jpeg

Trunk mount for Co2 bottle.
IMG_2055.jpeg
IMG_2056.jpeg

IMG_2171.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2057.jpeg
    IMG_2057.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 47

aaronj

Established Member
Made an adapter to remote mount the IAC valve. I'll probably make a little more streamlined one in the future or just not run a IAC, we'll see. Also I'm using Driftmotions remote IAC kit.
IMG_2060.jpeg
IMG_2061.jpeg
IMG_2063.jpeg
IMG_2066.jpeg
IMG_2068.jpeg
IMG_2444.jpeg
IMG_2445.jpeg

aaronj

Established Member
Finished all the wiring. Im running a MS3pro PNP ECU and 2 Zeitronix can bus widebands. Also using a painless wiring auxiliary fuse block to power the WB controllers and the Perfect tuning gauge. This has both ignition hot and constant hot fuses.

Made a bracket to mount the auxiliary fuse block under the dash on the passenger side so its easy to get to.
IMG_2140.jpeg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2153.jpeg

Most people are probably aware of this but if you are not, there is a connector next to the shifter that has a switched 12v wire run to it for convertible tops. It makes for a really clean spot to splice into, if you get the factory pins you can literally plug into the open spot on the connector. Im using this for the fuses that are ignition hot (pink wire below).
IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2162.jpeg

Modified the factory ECU bracket to clear the auxiliary connector and MAP port.

IMG_2240.jpeg
IMG_2241.jpeg

Deutsch connectors makes a cool buss connector that you can use to splice multiple functions into one input. Im using it for sensor grounds. Makes it easy to add sensors down the road as there are additional pin slots on the connector.
IMG_2244.jpeg

Perfect tuning gauge. This communicates with the ECU over CANBUS and can monitor any of the engine sensors and has addition I/O. I have an oil temp/pressure sensor wired into it.
IMG_2523.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread