TT or 4.7 KB

Venomous 03

Established Member
As some of you may know,im currently building my 03.
The plan was a sleeved 5.8 with twin 67s and a Magnum behind it
Ive been looking up lots of info on the LC KB 4.7 and damn,it makes me just want to do a SC build instead.
Both will meet my power goals
Love the turbo sound,but also love the loapy cams the SC cars can have.
HELP? :( lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If they both meet your power needs, you just need to go with the one that YOU most like overall based on your budget and future plans. Oh, and which sounds best. :) One of those "pick your poison" decisions.

Have you considered a single turbo setup?

Venomous 03

Established Member
Im wanting to do something a lil different than most TT cars or SC cars.I did want a single turbo setup,but then decided twins.
The car will stay a 6 till i cant improve my ETs any more,so after i master the 6 i will go auto,thats already set.
I was planning on using the Boss manifold on my 5.4,but with the navigator heads,the port alignment is far from perfect,the coyotes intake port distance from head to head is about 1/2 inch wider than that of the navigator.
Im waiting to get my gt500 heads in,since those have the intake ports raised more than any other head,the distance should be about the same as the coyotes.
If the intake works well with the gt500 heads,i will go twins,if it does not,im not a big fan of the sullivan intake so ill just go With the 4.7.
Ive yet to see a 4.7 powered Terminator :)

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The Boss intake isn't the end all be all intake, plus with it being plastic I don't imagine running large amounts of boost will be all that safe. On a 5.4 you have several options for intakes, however with what you have listed this car will be capable of well north of 1000rwhp. That will go nowhere with a 6speed. I don't see the point of wasting time/money on having a magnum in there. If you go auto, a properly spec'd setup with turbo(s) will be faster than an oversized twin screw.

Venomous 03

Established Member
The Boss intake isn't the end all be all intake, plus with it being plastic I don't imagine running large amounts of boost will be all that safe. On a 5.4 you have several options for intakes, however with what you have listed this car will be capable of well north of 1000rwhp. That will go nowhere with a 6speed. I don't see the point of wasting time/money on having a magnum in there. If you go auto, a properly spec'd setup with turbo(s) will be faster than an oversized twin screw.

True that,but in all honesty,most other intakes dont look very appealing.plus it makes power to 7500,which is what im planning on spinning to.i know of 2 guys running 31 and 30 psi on that intake on a coyote with no problem,i dont think ill ever need to see over 27 for the power im looking for.
Theres plenty of SC 6 speed cars out there well into the 8s.what makes you think it will go nowhere? Theres just not many people who actually want to spend the extra time it takes to get the car just right for it to hook.

Lycosa

Established Member
Personally would choose the blower since 6 speed. Too much boost drop with a turbo 6 speed.

stangfreak

Established Member
This is a tough one. I know the 6 speed is better with a blower. But, the 4.7 kB makes a lot of power. Lots of power. so with that said, if you keep the stick in the car, its going to be really really violent and maybe hard to control the car. The auto, imo, will soften the hit juuuuust a little bit and make the car more controllable imo. Just like making a 1000rwhp turbo cobra more manageable with the auto, same thing will apply for a high hp blower car.

automatic, 4.7 kb, big cubic inch motor, will roll the F out. It will be stupid fast, easier to control, and spin less. WAY LESS SPINNING.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
True that,but in all honesty,most other intakes dont look very appealing.plus it makes power to 7500,which is what im planning on spinning to.i know of 2 guys running 31 and 30 psi on that intake on a coyote with no problem,i dont think ill ever need to see over 27 for the power im looking for.
Theres plenty of SC 6 speed cars out there well into the 8s.what makes you think it will go nowhere? Theres just not many people who actually want to spend the extra time it takes to get the car just right for it to hook.

There are very very few cars in the 8's with a stick. There are a handful in the 9's. I will never understand the desire to spend 10's of thousands to build ungodly hp then intentionally make it impossible to use it all to it's potential just to have a clutch pedal. A 800-900rwhp auto turbo cobra would walk a 1000rwhp stick car.

stangfreak

Established Member
yea its just unusable power. The stick just makes the car more violent and harder to control. Any big power car IMO needs an auto

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Auto and KB. It will be a monster.
I'm not at all an auto guy, but at those power levels your looking at a worked over Magnum which will not be street friendly

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Ive yet to see a 4.7 powered Terminator :)
There's a reason for that. A blower that size is simply not practical and needs to be spun very hard to make the power. There are all kinds of other issues with running a big Whipple or KB. You need to double keyway your crank, you will have issues with intercooler, issues trying to tension the belt and keep from slipping etc. I suggest you do a large amount of research before you jump into the big blower world, it's not as easy as it seems.

Venomous 03

Established Member
There's a reason for that. A blower that size is simply not practical and needs to be spun very hard to make the power. There are all kinds of other issues with running a big Whipple or KB. You need to double keyway your crank, you will have issues with intercooler, issues trying to tension the belt and keep from slipping etc. I suggest you do a large amount of research before you jump into the big blower world, it's not as easy as it seems.

Ive done my research :)
Down to what belt to use,tensioner,double keyed and studded crank.
Its not like im sticking the 4.7 on a 4.6
Its a gt500 motor.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Twinning! Ok, I saw that on facebook dammit, but it goes better with turbos.

Users who are viewing this thread