Tune and plugs?

cooper1320

Established Member
i plan on getting a tune from murrilo motorsports here in texas, they charge 550 for a dyno tune plus 375 if i dont have a handheld.

mods on my cobra are going to be jtl cai, 2.9 pully, prochamber with dynomax bullets.

ive been reading that i should change to colder spark plugs to optimize my mods and tune, the tuner said it would be 275 for the plugs and labor..... i can save a bunch by doing the plugs myself.

my questions are
1. what plugs to get / what size gap??
2. since i dont have a hand held should i just buy a sct tuner with bama tunes (pretty much same price)
and use there tune for a bit and hold off/save money to do the dyno tune later ?

any help would be awesome, thanks in advance

Zemedici

Established Member
It would be good to do the plugs, to help accommodate your modifications as well as just get ahead on maintenence, from what I've read NGK TR6s seem to be a popular choice. DEFINITELY do them yourself, shouldn't take more than an hour with a 30 minute beer break :D

You can do the email/remote tune, matter of fact, beefcake and lethal do packages where you can buy the handheld with a tune for your mods already loaded on it, so you just gotta plug it up and you're ready to rock and roll.

Of course I recommend dyno tune over email tune, but it's up to you.

cooper1320

Established Member
Can I already do the NGK plugs?? Or should I wait until I have the mods on the car??

I'm trying to do a complete maintenance on my car right now since I bought it used and I would just have a better piece of mind knowing everything is "fresh"

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Your tuner is going to charge $275 for plugs and installing them? I'm not sure you should have a modded car if you are incapable of swapping plugs on probably the easiest engine in existence to do it on.

Users who are viewing this thread