Tune in!

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
Not that anyone in here would normally watch the show but Real World DC premieres tonight at 10 on MTV. This is what I sacrificed my Summer for. And a large part of my soul.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Nice.... Altho personally I don't really care for the show.....then again I never have really liked or understood the fascination our society has on any reality shows so please don't take it personal. Ill let one of my technicians know though he was joking about trying to get an appearance on the show lol.

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
Nice.... Altho personally I don't really care for the show.....then again I never have really liked or understood the fascination our society has on any reality shows so please don't take it personal. Ill let one of my technicians know though he was joking about trying to get an appearance on the show lol.

Not a fan of most reality shows. It's just a job

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
I was an audio tech on the show

Does this mean that you got to walk around with a boom mike and hit cast members in the head?? :beer:

Not that I watch MTV much anymore, but I'm a little surprised that this is the first promo I've seen for the premiere.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Tim, I think most if not all of the promos are actually on MTV, so you'd have to watch.

That's pretty cool Matt. I guess I missed it since this was posted yesterday.

Wiseguy

Established Member
Guy's, Matt is the funny virgin in the show... don't let him fool you! I am glad you were selected.

convert03cobra

Established Member
Guy's, Matt is the funny virgin in the show... don't let him fool you! I am glad you were selected.

You told me he was the gay guy. I'm confused now...lol :poke: Is any of the show actually scripted or are they all just supposed to drink their faces off and see what kind of drama unfolds?

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
You told me he was the gay guy. I'm confused now...lol :poke: Is any of the show actually scripted or are they all just supposed to drink their faces off and see what kind of drama unfolds?

The crew was "furniture" or "ghosts" as the cast called us. Nothing was scripted or re-shot. If we didn't catch it on camera, it didn't happen.
And it's only gay if you push back

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Damn, Matt-congrats. Got to be good on a resume.

Being over 40 (?) I gave up MTV about 30 years ago. But I did see the article in the Post, and recorded it just to see how they handled DC, being a native. After about 15 minutes, I found myself fast-forwarding through the interaction (once you get past the hugging) of the cast just to see the shots of the area.

Just how big a crew does it take to shoot a cab leaving the tidal basin? One to shoot the long shot, and one inside the cab? Or do they really do multiple shots, which kinda kills the "reality" aspect?

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
Damn, Matt-congrats. Got to be good on a resume.

Being over 40 (?) I gave up MTV about 30 years ago. But I did see the article in the Post, and recorded it just to see how they handled DC, being a native. After about 15 minutes, I found myself fast-forwarding through the interaction (once you get past the hugging) of the cast just to see the shots of the area.

Just how big a crew does it take to shoot a cab leaving the tidal basin? One to shoot the long shot, and one inside the cab? Or do they really do multiple shots, which kinda kills the "reality" aspect?
It was definitely interesting. I haven't watched MTV in years. In the wrong demographic. I was actually surprised when I got the call. Had no idea the show was still on.
Nothing was ever re-shot. So for cab shots, you had a smaller camera inside the cab and the "big" camera shooting as they drove off. Then we would race back to shoot the arrival. There were 5 crews of 5 shooting round the clock. Plus 1/2 a dozen smaller cameras for back-up footage. It was 4 months of backbreaking work(the rig I was strapped into was 40+ pounds) but worth it. Not sure if my knees could handle another season.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Not sure if my knees could handle another season.

So you WERE the gay guy on cast!! :poke:

Damn dude, I DVR'd it and finally watched it last night. I have NO idea how you did not absolutely go bat shizzle following those idiots around town. You MUST need a hug........I'll be over later. :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Can I have the leftovers?

They are hot. Do they pick unusually dumb people to be on there just to create plot lines?

Oh my God. I'm actually online discussing an episode of Real world? Matt, what have you started?! :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread