Tune Parameters for Return with FRPS and FPDM

JeronimoJC

Established Member
Could I get some help with the correct tune parameters for my particular situation?
I changed from a returnless style fuel system to return style fuel system and I've kept the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (FRPS) and the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM). The FPDM is wired to an after market relay, which is wired to the fuel pump. This allows pump priming for a few seconds as it occurs in OEM conditions with key on, engine off. I was able to confirm the setup works prior to making changes to the tune. I do have an after market regulator. The base pressure has been set to 40 PSI. Also, this is for a supercharger application with about 15psi of boost.

I am not a tuner so I gathered the information noted below and passed it along to a tuner, whom wasn't familiar with keeping the FPRS and FPDM in a return style system. He prepared a tune accordingly. As soon as I turned the key on/engine off, I noticed the pump was not priming anymore. Obviously the car didn't start after cranking.

Below is the information I collected from various sources to provide to my tuner. Could someone help me understand what is missing or wrong here?

Return W FPDM and FRPS Parameters.JPG

decipha

Established Member
no thats wrong

set the pump voltage table to all 15v
disable the fuel pump adaptive updates
disable the fuel pump fault codes that pop up or disable the ccm bit in the obdii test and mil bitmask

/done

JeronimoJC

Established Member
Pump voltage values are already set to 15 as suggested.

I am sorry, but I don’t fully understand. Are you saying that all of what I am showing in the table above is wrong and that all I need to do is what you are indicating in your post?

Or are you saying the setup is wrong because the fuel pump adaptive updates needs to be turned off and I need to disable the fuel pump fault codes?

Last edited:

JeronimoJC

Established Member
Maybe I should have started with a simpler question, which I suspect may lead me to solve the issue.

Can someone point out what parameter exactly needs to be changed and to what value to direct the FPDM to run 100% of the time?

Thanks

JeronimoJC

Established Member
Thank you very much for explaining and for providing the link. That link is a great resource.

I am a bit puzzled though. Why is it that others seem to be making several other tune changes (like the ones noted in my first post) to try to accomplish the same result? Is this one of those things that can be accomplished in at least two different ways?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread