Tune up recommendations

Thadahminator

Established Member
So i just purchased a 2001 Lightning with 9,200 miles on it. I want to do a major tune up and replace everything with new OEM parts. It runs fine but i want to avoid problems while i can sense most the parts have probably never been replaced. What would you guys recommend i replace or do you think this is even necessary on the vehicle.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil and oil filter. Transmission and filter, coolant change, brake fluid. Power steering.

Thadahminator

Established Member
It wouldn't hurt to read through this. It has helped me out a lot. I wouldn't think it would need much. I would change the plugs and fuel filter for sure.
Lightning and HD Modding 101 - Superchargers

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=11688&share_tid=353385&url=http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353385&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow this post is full of great information! Thank you for the share and will be sure to refer to this.

Thadahminator

Established Member
Plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil and oil filter. Transmission and filter, coolant change, brake fluid. Power steering.
got all the fluids done already. Would you recommend to purchase OEM Parts like plugs+wires, air filter, and fuel filter from a place like oreillys?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
got all the fluids done already. Would you recommend to purchase OEM Parts like plugs+wires, air filter, and fuel filter from a place like oreillys?
Your an 01 so shouldnt be wires. But i would use OEM motorcraft plugs, motorcraft fuel filter, orelilys should have be able to order them for you. For the air filter i would go with a K&N air or another type of reusable filter. The super chargers like to breathe

Thadahminator

Established Member
Your an 01 so shouldnt be wires. But i would use OEM motorcraft plugs, motorcraft fuel filter, orelilys should have be able to order them for you. For the air filter i would go with a K&N air or another type of reusable filter. The super chargers like to breathe
Ok just wasnt sure if you guys used different websites to order parts, and these trucks have ignition coils rather then the wires correct? My 99 f150 had wires but it was a 4.6

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ok just wasnt sure if you guys used different websites to order parts, and these trucks have ignition coils rather then the wires correct? My 99 f150 had wires but it was a 4.6
Rock auto is a good place to order from. But if its something you want to just pick up and do in a day your normal parts will normally have them and ask for motorcraft for plugs and fuel filter. I know ford sometime in 2000/2001 swap all the 4.6/5.4 to COP. Which was great more power and they tend to last longer.

Dusten

Established Member
All the lightnings are coil on plug. Be ready to spend a few hours doing plugs the first time

Users who are viewing this thread