Tune

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Hey guys,
I'm going to a catted x pipe from my pypes off-road x pipe (running longtubes) .I'm currently with a lund tune and I requested a tune revision for this and lund told me that unless I was running the car in a strict emissions state then a tune revision is not needed. I thought I would have to turn the rear o2's on right?
Thanks in advance,
gt5.0coyote

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Im not sure about lund however the rear O2s should be turned on they are just ignored, at least that's how my tune is.

You need a revision to turn off cat protection so you're not dumping fuel to save the non existent cats.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
but my thing is that the rear o2s are off now. when you put the cats on shouldn't you have to turn the rear o2s on? that's my thing. because when the cats are on the engines just dumps fuel in the cats to clean them out that's why you turn the rear o2s off so it doesn't do this with the offroad x pipe right?

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
In your case you'll probably need to keep the rear o2's off. More often than not high flow cats will still throw a CEL. It's not hurting anything with them off unless you have to go through emissions.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I did I called BAMA yesterday and they told me that they are fine off and it wont hurt the cats or car its fine. did it not sound right to you? whose tune do you use?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
My tuner is Adam at revolution automotive, Adam is one of the best tuners here on the east coast!

Journeyman27185

Established Member
Would like to know if any other tuner says different. I have done a lot of tuning on my own on (older fox body), but never had to do anything with cats. This is not a diesel where fuel is injected after the powerstroke to regenerate a DPF. The only time enrichment is commanded is under high load/ throttle angle. Looking for proof, not he says she says. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread