• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Tuner near Gulf Coast

Discussion in 'South' started by Midnight_Cobra, May 1, 2018.

1. Midnight_Cobra

Midnight_Cobra It's an Atomic Serpent! Established Member

I live on the Gulf Coast (Biloxi/Gulfport of southern MS) area and am thinking about getting a tune/re-check. It's been about 10 years since it was tuned with the Whipple originally and I just want peace of mind.

Also the tune is 91 octane right now, seeing if it would be worth it to get a 93 tune while I'm at it. My original tuner is Greg with RET in CA, which is across the U.S. Need a local, hopefully within a 1-2 hour drive if possible.

Thanks.

2. evn62719

evn62719 USMC Established Member

Bump.
    One person has recommended JMS in lucedale to me but I am also curious about other shops in the area.

3. nolesftw

nolesftw New Member Established Member

Stanghi in the Baton Rouge area is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

4. Islandcat

Islandcat Active Member Established Member

I have used JMS before, but had issues with my last tune (not their fault, had a vacuum leak that wasn’t diagnosed and then I fixed after they tuned). They were too hard to get a hold of, often taking 2 weeks to answer emails or just not answering to where I had to call them up on the phone and try to pin Monty down. I ended up getting in touch with tuned by norm here in Houma Louisiana. He was very responsive and I have had two different tunes with him for two years. Very happy with it. Not knocking JMS, just saying they are very very busy and hard to get a hold of sometimes.