Tuner Question

mitchster

Established Member
I am looking at buying a tuner. I just want it to read codes for now, no new tunes. What 's important is I want to save my original tune I have on the car now. I upgraded to a Roush Phase I charger last year and I would like to save that tune just in case something goes happens in the future. Does the tuner save the original tune when you first connect the device? I was thinking of buying a used tuner that is unlocked/unmarried or should I just buy a new one? Any help would be appreciated. Mitch

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Buy an X4. Purely from a datalogging standpoint, they're FAR superior.

That said, any tuning device will capture you current tune and save it as stock BUT, not all of them will do it unless they're loading a tune.

My suggestion is this...but a custom tune with a handheld. Load the custom tune (it will then upload your "stock" Roush as the stock tune). If you like what you feel, leave it.
If you want to deal with warranty work, revert it back to stock. Or revert it back to stock immediately after you load the custom tune/upload your stock file. Doesn't matter to us. Whatever you're comfortable with. Here's the link for your tuner/custom tunes

http://vmptuning.com/vmp-custom-tunes/50lsctune/

OR

Just buy our X4 with no tunes...it's the 7015. It'll store your stock file when you upload a custom sct tune. Then revert back to 'stock' so you're back on the factory Roush cal but it's saved.

Users who are viewing this thread