tuners?

Laztug

Established Member
ouch.
THIS is why I will never go with a lund tune. IMO I feel like he has too many customers to provide any individual customer the support they desire.
Resulting in cookie cutter tunes.

14ksstang

Established Member
ouch.
THIS is why I will never go with a lund tune. IMO I feel like he has too many customers to provide any individual customer the support they desire.
Resulting in cookie cutter tunes.

That's exactly what it is, but that is any company that does email tunes. For bolt on cars why rewrite a tune multiple times if they will all be the same. The only way to get a true custom tune is do something completely different, dyno tune, or do a custom remote tuning session. Email tunes are just that a cookie cutter tune.

RSKtakR

Established Member
VMP said that they don't use cookie cutter tunes, each tune is custom made for each car is what I was told.

14ksstang

Established Member
VMP said that they don't use cookie cutter tunes, each tune is custom made for each car is what I was told.

Unless they are tuning it remotely it is a cookie cutter tune. They will start with a base tune basically and make adjustments to which upgrades you have.

Mach828

Established Member
"Cookie cutter" tunes are fine for basic stock to mildly modified cars in good mechanical condition. Once they have tuned a few, the same tune will work for cars with the same mods. Would you say stock tunes from Ford are cookie cutter because they didn't tune every car that rolled off the production floor individually? No. If you have a very unique setup you should have enough sense to not run a tune that hasn't had datalog revisions

Users who are viewing this thread