Tuning ID1700's On A Hellcat For 93 Octane

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Tuning for ID1700's for 93 doesnt seem to be popular in the Hellcat world. Not sure why cause I got em in my Turbo Mustang and I run 93 octane all the time.

Anyone have any experience with this. Really blows if I can only use 1300''s cause then I would have to have a C16 race tune vs. an E85 one. And considering C16 is $20 a gallon its a race day only option.

Anyone wanna chime in?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Tuning for ID1700's for 93 doesnt seem to be popular in the Hellcat world. Not sure why cause I got em in my Turbo Mustang and I run 93 octane all the time.

Anyone have any experience with this. Really blows if I can only use 1300''s cause then I would have to have a C16 race tune vs. an E85 one. And considering C16 is $20 a gallon its a race day only option.

Anyone wanna chime in?

I am confused as to why 1300 is not large enough. 1700 seems huge for the setup.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
who is your tuner, we do alot of stuff in the hemi world. most dodge guys are cheaper and don't spend the coin on the ids, typically the fics. the 1440 are a good option for that platform, it's what we have in our 2020 shelby and our 21 scat.

let me know, we can help out with a set

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well, I have decided to build a 427ci with Thitek heads and a Comp cam with the new Whipple 3.0 ported by Dustin so the 1300's tap out at 1000-1100 whp and im trying to make closer to 1200-1300 which will tap out the 1700's.

Im fine on 1300's if I run C16 as my race fuel but at $20 a gallon thats just not feasable. Plus I have a FORE Tripple so I can handle the E85.

I have considered going Single Turbo and making it an E85 only vehicle and drive it a couple times a week. I cant stop driving this dam thing Klaus. I really love it but gas mileage is awful and im putting too many miles on it. Its like a dam addiction I swear. I will need 2200's tho for Turbo setup.

I was doing like a 1000 miles a week. For real! Probably $300 a week in gas easily. I need to chill. Im gonna buy a Jeep Wrangler this week as a DD or maybe a Nissan Maxima IDN but im thinking about just making this more of a bad ass toy for weekends.

Problem is I wanna go really fast but I just cant do it daily cause I wanna drive all day in the dam thing. Its just so dam fun.

I think I can make 1500 whp with my 88mm Turbo I have sitting in the garage. The block is good to 1700 hp. But I would have to upgrade the trans and the converter as well as the transfer case. Ive upgraded everything else.

The motor will have Diamond 2K Pistons, Wiseco Boostline Rods and an upgraded Calli Crank and Ported Thitek Aluminum heads with dual valve springs. Got Outlaw axels and a CF DS with billet control arms front and rear. Its got a Titanium exhaust with lightweight rotors and wheels and a light weight battery and a CF hood.

I am confused as to why 1300 is not large enough. 1700 seems huge for the setup.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the 1700s will not be tapped out with 11-1200 hp to the tires.

those should be more than adequate. if your worried, the fic2150 is another good option above that, but i don't think they are needed where you are at.

if you need help with the injectors or the whipple, let me know, and we'll get you dialed in .

Users who are viewing this thread