Tuning Software Options

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I currently have a jank ass tune on a SCT X3. I don't think the X3 allows me to do jack as far as tuning, it appears to be nothing but an upload device to put a tune on the car.

Megasquirt PNP is solid and my friend can tune it. It would give a ton of data to help diagnose any underlying mechanical issues. However prices have seemed to jump to $1,500. Further more, I'm in MariKopastan Kounty and need to emission test (OBDII Readiness).

HPTuners shows Cobra support with MPVI2. Pro + 1 Credit would be $700. I'm ASSuming this gives you everything you need to tune the car yourself and would pass an OBDII Ready Check (I have cats + O2 sensors).

Holley has a setup but last I checked it was twice as much as MS PNP and required you to install a new engine harness. This would prevent me from using my stock ECU + SCT to pass Emissions and then just switching back to the Standalone.

Any other options or suggestions?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You would need SCT's Pro Racer Package to keep the X3. But the way things are going I wouldn't bother with it.

I haven't heard much on HP's stuff for these cars. I think only a couple people use it because the support still isn't what it is with other software.

If you want to stick with the stock ECU I'd look into decipha's set up. A couple guys on here are running it and are happy with it.

I have the MS3 and I'm happy with it. My original plan was to swap between it and the stock ECU as needed to pass emissions. But with all the extra stuff I've wired in I have no interest in that. So now my car is registered in Mojave county.

Haltech used to have a harness that kept the stock ECU in parallel with the stand alone. I reached out and they said they stopped making the harness because of the EPA. However, there is another company named Boomslang that makes harnesses for vehicles. They have one for our cars with the Haltech ECU. But I haven't looked into it too far.

decipha

Established Member
stock ecu is best

all you need is a moates quarterhorse $250

tunerpro has the best support for the cobras and its also free

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, good news, my buddy already does HPTuning - I'd just need to pay the credits.

Well give that a go first.

Users who are viewing this thread