Tunning a GT with 4v Motor

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Ok many of you already know what i have been up to, i took the 2v out of the car and replacing it with a 4v mach1 motor. I'm keeping the factory computer in the car. How hard will it be to tune the computer for the new motor. What needs to be done. I want to get a idea i what will be going on with the car. The car is automatic.

these will be the mods
-LT Headers
-Shorty X
-373 Gears
-Catback
-The current chip i have is a Diablo Revolution
- i have a nos system but i will be adding that later not with the motor tunning

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I just did this swap myself.......03 Mach motor into a 98GT, I assume you reused you stock harness & cpu.........All you really need to do is to flash a stock Mach 1 tune into yours and tweak it from there.

So i'd send you chip to a tuner.....(i recommend Modular Depot in Cincy, tuned mine...or Modular Powerhouse in Georgia) and they can flash it for you and help set ya up from there.

Did your motor come out of an auto car or stick?.....Post up some Dyno #'s when you get it done.

GoodLuck

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Yellow4.6 said:
I just did this swap myself.......03 Mach motor into a 98GT, I assume you reused you stock harness & cpu.........All you really need to do is to flash a stock Mach 1 tune into yours and tweak it from there.

So i'd send you chip to a tuner.....(i recommend Modular Depot in Cincy, tuned mine...or Modular Powerhouse in Georgia) and they can flash it for you and help set ya up from there.

Did your motor come out of an auto car or stick?.....Post up some Dyno #'s when you get it done.

GoodLuck
:beer:

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Is the Tune Difficult? Time Consuming to flash tune the Stock Mach 1 Tune into the GT’s Stock Computer

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Did you PM Slow on FS? He'll know if the Gt computer can run the mach Motor.

I don't see why not but still.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
fastball19 said:
Should i just get a Stock Mach1 ECU?

The stock GT ECU will run the Mach Motor w/ the GT Harness. You Do not need the Mach computer......If your close to a tuner then I'd just take it there and have them dyno tune it.

I took mine to Modular Depot to have the dynotune done, and Ken B just more or less flashed a Mach tune into my ECU and tweaked it from there.

If you want to run the Mach 1 Harness (which is not needed) you'll have to run the Mach ECU.

If you wanna go the Mach ECU route.....I bought one outta an 03 Mach 5-spd.....that i ended up not using, that'll i'll sell ya for what i bought it for.

But the easiest and most cost effective way is the GT ECU/harness.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Yellow4.6 said:
The stock GT ECU will run the Mach Motor w/ the GT Harness. You Do not need the Mach computer......If your close to a tuner then I'd just take it there and have them dyno tune it.

I took mine to Modular Depot to have the dynotune done, and Ken B just more or less flashed a Mach tune into my ECU and tweaked it from there.

If you want to run the Mach 1 Harness (which is not needed) you'll have to run the Mach ECU.

If you wanna go the Mach ECU route.....I bought one outta an 03 Mach 5-spd.....that i ended up not using, that'll i'll sell ya for what i bought it for.

But the easiest and most cost effective way is the GT ECU/harness.

How much for the Ecu ?

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
How much should something like that run ? For the Flash and the tune for the car on a chip ( non Dyno )

Yellow4.6

Established Member
To Flash a chip and then tweak it from there i'd say around $150+. Not real sure though. I'd advise you to call acouple places and see what their charge is. Since you have a Diablo chip I'd start w/ those who handle that product. I know MD in Cincy handles both Diablo and SCT.

Users who are viewing this thread