Turbo 383 stroker notch build

selbyvince

Established Member
Updates??

Yes, but nothing you haven't seen on instagram over the last week or so lol. I know, i slack on posting here.

Made a little progress while i was off, but being deer season im a little limited on time.

Got the tubs mostly installed. Still have some fab work to do to finish them up, but they are in place. We also started on the trunk floor, still have a little work to do with that but progress is being made. Got the rear end back from one of my local buddies. He got the rear end all assembled and preload set. Coated the bottom of the car where we had been working and then installed the rear end. Got the brakes installed and the 5/8" x 3" studs. Slid the tires under for a few pictures. Just need to order wheels, but will likely be a few months as its nearing the holidays.

Also picked up a set of gauges locally for a decent deal.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Beautiful! Your engine bay panels look like they fit in your car alot better than mine did. I had to play with them quite a bit, my frame rails weren't 100% straight which made it a little harder. I love my Baer setup on my car too, I think you'll be really happy!

selbyvince

Established Member
Beautiful! Your engine bay panels look like they fit in your car alot better than mine did. I had to play with them quite a bit, my frame rails weren't 100% straight which made it a little harder. I love my Baer setup on my car too, I think you'll be really happy!

Thanks man, we had to do a little maneuvering with the panels to get them to fit, the frame rail plates were a little bit of a pain, but after a little filler bondo they are coming around. I need to get back to working on them, been so focused on getting it back to a roller that i have been neglecting the engine bay. Glad to hear with the baer brakes, had a time trying to figure out what brand to go with. Which model did you go with? I went with the 11" ss4+ for the rear, and am looking at the 13" track 4 setup for the front.

Last edited:

selbyvince

Established Member
Very nice build!

Thanks man :beer:

No new updates guys, getting ready to bring the car back to my house. And if youve noticed from some of the pics in the beginning of the thread my garage was never finished (no insulation, just open 2x4s with no walls). So ive been spending all my time doing some upgrades in my garage before i bring it back to the house which has ate up all my time. I have however, got it mostly wrapped up so should have the car back within the next 2 weeks and will be jumping back into it. Installed insulation, Sheetrock, electrical outlets every 2 ft, added a 3rd garage door in the back to get a breezeway, floated & painted the walls, and epoxied the floor. I added 2 240v circuits for my air compressor and welding machine as well. 10,000 times nicer in my garage now, even put up some shelves to get some more floor space. Now i feel better about working on the car at my house lol.

selbyvince

Established Member
All im hearing is excuses lol

hahaha, man i didnt even get to see my car this time i was home. lol. Do above mentioned work by yourself, takes time. Im going to have to hire someone to sheetrock the ceiling, to hell with that. lol

a few pics of the completed side, have to look back in this thread at some of the before shots. I didnt take any. Im actually really happy with how it turned out. Especially for never messing with sheetrock before.

No before, look back in thread

During:

This picture i wasnt done painting the wall and the epoxy was still wet and tacky, doesnt look crappy now like it does here

After:

selbyvince

Established Member
Just picked up a set of AFR 205cc heads locally. Going to be sending them off to the machine shop to be cleaned, decked, and set up with new valve springs and retainers. Then ill finally get to assemble the long block and get the short block out of my living room lol.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Just picked up a set of AFR 205cc heads locally. Going to be sending them off to the machine shop to be cleaned, decked, and set up with new valve springs and retainers. Then ill finally get to assemble the long block and get the short block out of my living room lol.

Short block in the living room, HELL YEAH!!! Those AFR 205s are gonna scream on that monster. Im glad to see this thread updated when possible, gives me S351 molesting ideas.

selbyvince

Established Member
Short block in the living room, HELL YEAH!!! Those AFR 205s are gonna scream on that monster. Im glad to see this thread updated when possible, gives me S351 molesting ideas.

Lol hell yeah, im not sticking my $6k dollar shortblock investment in the garage without having heads to button it up. lol. She deserves to be climate controlled. Honestly, i don't know how I have gotten away with it being in there for so long. We actually have a decent house with a completely remodeled and up to date interior. And i have a short block sitting in the corner on a engine stand covered by a small blanket. Honestly, with the blanket over it, it looks like a corner table.

Im hoping so, i was really wanting to go with the 220cc renegades, but they dont pop up as often and most of the time they have some jessel rockers on them and the owner wont split them up and wants a lot of money for them. I was saving to buy a new set, and found a good deal on some slightly used 205cc renegades. I got a great deal on them, so i took them. Honestly dont see there being too much loss of power between the two, hope not anyway.

Thanks for following along, sorry its not faster then what it is. Being as i work in the oilfield, i have to really play my cards right with my money seeing as were not doing so good right now. I dont want to get myself in a bind where id have to sell the car if i see a layoff. Hopefully tings will pick back up for us and i can get back to it at a faster pace.

selbyvince

Established Member
Picked up a lower intake manifold and rails off of Corral. Now just need the sheet metal upper from 6061.com, Accufab throttle body, injectors, accessories, and drop the heads off at the machine shop and the motor will be complete. Still got a lot of work to do in the engine bay before I'm ready, hoping to get some work done over the next couple weeks. Wheels and front brakes are still on my mind, but thats really more cash then i want to drop at the moment. But soon!

Between these two kits on the accessories. Opinions? (obviously down the road)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsp-13600 or http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mch-30420

Also need to find out once i get wheels on the car if ill be able to run a factory style fuel tank (hoping i can), or if ill have to go to a fuel cell. Ill either be going with the BBRC fuel tank, or a RCI aluminum fuel cell.

Pics of the intake and rails i scooped up earlier. (54034 Polished 351W EFI intake manifold & 10606 Blue Anodized Fuel Rail Kit for 351W EFI). Decided on the professional products intake over the super victor or victor jr as it seems to be of better quality in all my research and require less tweaking and cleaning up of the runners. Hope I'm right!

http://postimage.org/

http://postimage.org/

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
For the serpentine system I vote for the March system, the Billet system looks a little goofy IMO. That 351W carb intake is sweet looking! Take your time with the build, makes it more enjoyable to hop on SVTP down the road and see the progress, keep it up.

selbyvince

Established Member
For the serpentine system I vote for the March system, the Billet system looks a little goofy IMO. That 351W carb intake is sweet looking! Take your time with the build, makes it more enjoyable to hop on SVTP down the road and see the progress, keep it up.

Good deal, thanks for your input. If the kit from March really looks like that, then i kind of rather that one myself. The motor that came out of this car originally had the march serpentine kit on it. Just a cheaper set. Seemed to be of good quality. Appreciate you following the build. My buddy thats doing all the welding will be taking some days off next week for us to continue on and get some things wrapped up. Stay tuned for more updates.

Users who are viewing this thread