Turbo 7.3 Godzilla swapped S197.

kaz109

Established Member
But, but 7.3L is soooo heavy! :D

And underpowered , but this turbo should help. If the stock 7.3L made the HP and TQ it makes after the hands and cam install like in the vid posted in the other thread it would be a great motor.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
And underpowered

giphy.gif

csc427

Established Member
And underpowered , but this turbo should help. If the stock 7.3L made the HP and TQ it makes after the hands and cam install like in the vid posted in the other thread it would be a great motor.
I think Ford performance is coming out with a 7.3 crate motor that has upgraded heads and cam. That should be more representative of what the motor would be like in a performance application. Correct me if I’m wrong. Would be a nice/unique swap for my 93 cobra I think. Maybe n/a 550hp with a warranty.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely an interesting project, and will help others contemplating 7.3 Godzilla swaps. I appreciate the updates as they progress and overcome obstacles and issues.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

do people still not understand that work truck engines are purposely detuned and "underpowered" so they can go 500k miles under constant heavy loads? How/why are people still questioning this?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking forward to that video, Travis. That's going to be great!

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
do people still not understand that work truck engines are purposely detuned and "underpowered" so they can go 500k miles under constant heavy loads? How/why are people still questioning this?

Apparently it's a super tough concept to grasp.

Users who are viewing this thread