Turbo cars: What radiator are you running?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My 98 Cobra has a low mounted 67mm Precision turbo and the temp is having a hard time staying below 200. I've seen as high as 214 (once) on the Xcal.
New built 4.6, new everything pretty much. Not a new radiator though. Using the OEM radiator.
I'm looking to upgrade, and wondering if I should just go with a Terminator radiator. I know all the others (Fluidyne, Mishimoto, etc) have fitment issues, and space is already at a premium up there on my car.

mvk13

oooohhhhh Shiny!
Established Member
70mm @ #10 with a Mishimoto. Plasma cut my radiator support to move radiator in it in and box it in using an 04 Cobra fan. I can light it up in Phoenix on a 115* day and not get past midway on the temp gauge. Good luck!

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

gt347mustang

Established Member
70mm @ #10 with a Mishimoto. Plasma cut my radiator support to move radiator in it in and box it in using an 04 Cobra fan. I can light it up in Phoenix on a 115* day and not get past midway on the temp gauge. Good luck!

Midway on the stock gauge can be as high as 235

MG0h3

Established Member
I'll check it with the autometer OBD2 dongle this weekend

This is why I monitor with an aftermarket gauge.

That thing is basically an on/off switch. By the time the gauge moves (which is usually from normal to pegged with no warning) you’ve already been hot for awhile.

“You’re full of $#!+”
Joe Biden

svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
This is why I monitor with an aftermarket gauge.

That thing is basically an on/off switch. By the time the gauge moves (which is usually from normal to pegged with no warning) you’ve already been hot for awhile.

“You’re full of $#!+”
Joe Biden

Funny, even my aftermarket gauge is off as well. Its either that or the Xcal4 is off.
My Speedhut temp gauge reads 220ish when the Xcal reads anywhere from 198-210ish. I assume the Xcal is more accurate.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I use a Mishimoto radiator, 180 degree thermostat, factory fan with adjusted on/off settings, and a Meziere electric water pump.

I run a bottle of RedLine WaterWetter with the coolant.

I live in the Phoenix area. When stuck in traffic during summer heat, the coolant temp stays steady at 205. Once driving, temps drop to the 180's.

Any other time of year, it can take a bit to get up to 180.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Funny, even my aftermarket gauge is off as well. Its either that or the Xcal4 is off.
My Speedhut temp gauge reads 220ish when the Xcal reads anywhere from 198-210ish. I assume the Xcal is more accurate.

Do you have your sensor in the crossover tube? That's where I have mine and my speedhut reads 200 just cruising but can jump to 220 with some hard driving. Running a Mishimoto.

MG0h3

Established Member

I couldn’t find anyone to repair my radiator and I ordered a Mishimoto. It’s installed loosely and never had coolant in it. Found a place in NM when I was visiting my GF and intend to reinstall my factory radiator.

If you’re interested in the Mishimoto let me know.

Again, never even had coolant in it.

Located in west Texas

“BLM is doing God’s work”
2KblackGT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread