Bullitt Rear springs
Tokico 5 way adjustable drag shocks
Moroso/Competition engineering Double adjustable uppers
Pro3i Weight jacker lowers
Detroit TruTrac Diff 3.31 gears
MRC Custom anti Roll Bar
175# Front coilover springs
Strange 10way adjustable front struts

Car rides amazing v ery comfortable. Rear end is silent, and suspension rides better then an IRS. But with the adjustability and the front sway bar removed the car has 60 ft 1.4s this was before the tubular front end and coilovers up front.

Rearend1.JPG

Rearend2.JPG

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
This is my combo.

Bullitt Rear springs
Tokico 5 way adjustable drag shocks
Moroso/Competition engineering Double adjustable uppers
Pro3i Weight jacker lowers
Detroit TruTrac Diff 3.31 gears
MRC Custom anti Roll Bar
175# Front coilover springs
Strange 10way adjustable front struts

Car rides amazing v ery comfortable. Rear end is silent, and suspension rides better then an IRS. But with the adjustability and the front sway bar removed the car has 60 ft 1.4s this was before the tubular front end and coilovers up front.

I have Eibach Pro GT Springs
Same Shocks as you
I have granatelli Uppers
I just went back to stock lowers and stock sway bar
my car rides like crap though and frankly scares me,

I think it may be the upper control arms,

I need help. I was thinking about going with the maximum
motorsports panhard bar and torque arm, but you dont have
either and seem to be running fine.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
What do you have the shocks set to. I would definetely get some lower LCAs. What type of bushings are you running in the UCAs?

TRBO VNM

I wish I remembered why, but MM spcifically says not to run a solid bushing upper control arm. in fact, they told me to just stick with the stock upper arms.

I have MM lower control arms
H&R springs
Tokico d-spec all the way around
MM front coilovers with 14" 225# springs
MM adjustable weld in sway bar

the ride is ok. it isn't like factory, but it isn't a spine killer either. however, I will be changing it.

I am not transferring weight like I want at all. it will transfer and then release too soon from what I am see in the vids. just not transferring enough. I believe a lot of it is the 3.31 gears I have. I am putting in 4.10's for a couple months and will see how that changes things. I also am planning on getting rid of the H&R rear springs. I think they are too stiff, but I did tell MM I wanted the car lowered and this was about all they had.

I plan to probably try some stock gt springs, but I will cut them to get the ride height I want. the ride should be ok with the adjustable shocks to stiffen it up some and squat at the track because of the spring.

I am probably going to go with a 12#, 250# front spring because the 14 is too long and bowing causing them to rub the coilover sleeve.

I just did the full MM front suspension and have a lighter battery up there. so that should help as well with the transfer. it sucks running a 28" tall tire and wanting a car lowered at the same time. it doesn't leave a lot of options for suspension to perform at the track and street.

BTW, if you do a panhard bar and torq arm, you can remove the upper control arms and not use them. I have the panhard bar, but not installed yet. not sure if I want to put all that on yet.

Dave, are you running the kicker/quad shocks in the rear?

Last edited:

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Well I have a mach1 (SRA) and my car before was an 03 Cobra.
I have CHE adj. uppers and lowers w/ and axle brace and Strange 10 way adj. shocks.
Ride is pretty good/solid, having a SRA won't ever make you say gee I miss my IRS. Aty least I never have

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Jason, I am running the quad shocks. I would recommend getting some 14" 175 springs to transfer weight better. The 12" 225#s are to still and have less travel

red03dave

Established Member
Rear: MM HD torque arm, pan hard, adjustable rear sway, HD adjustable LCA's no uppers, bushing kit, h&r 400# rear springs, tokico illuminas, & full length sub frames.

Front: MM swaybar w/ end links/bushings/relo kit, MM bump steer kit, MM solid steering shaft (best mod you can buy IMO for cornering feel), MM steering rack bushings, and MM caster camber plates.

I had the above setup on my car when it had the blower in and it was a blast to drive the funnest car I have ever driven/owned. The torque arm is amazing it just makes the car hook in a straight line and neutral as you throttle steer through the corners. Around town the car feels tight (like a Mercedes/BMW it feels super solid) soaks up bumps easily (because w/ the torque arm you get no binding in the rear and no shimmy when you go over overpass/hwy seems) and for a daily driver it was way more forgivable then my fully built '01 IRS car with a complete MM delrin setup in it, SRA is way more forgiving and neutral under cornering IMHO.

Now I blew a head gasket, went turbo, bought an MMR K member, a arms, and coil overs and relo'd the battery to the trunk. Car should be buttoned up and tuned soon and I will let you know what the difference is with the new parts (tuner told me parts were back from ceramic/powder coating this week). So I have no idea what to expect now with a T76 in there and about 125 more horse and a totally different power delivery. Get a torque arm, panhard, and subframes if you can!

TRBO VNM

thanks red03. I have had the panhard bar sitting forever now. just need to buy the torq arm, but have been undecided if I wanted to dump the money into that and install both of those.

Raindog

Established Member
Rear: MM HD torque arm, pan hard, adjustable rear sway, HD adjustable LCA's no uppers, bushing kit, h&r 400# rear springs, tokico illuminas, & full length sub frames.

Front: MM swaybar w/ end links/bushings/relo kit, MM bump steer kit, MM solid steering shaft (best mod you can buy IMO for cornering feel), MM steering rack bushings, and MM caster camber plates.

I had the above setup on my car when it had the blower in and it was a blast to drive the funnest car I have ever driven/owned. The torque arm is amazing it just makes the car hook in a straight line and neutral as you throttle steer through the corners. Around town the car feels tight (like a Mercedes/BMW it feels super solid) soaks up bumps easily (because w/ the torque arm you get no binding in the rear and no shimmy when you go over overpass/hwy seems) and for a daily driver it was way more forgivable then my fully built '01 IRS car with a complete MM delrin setup in it, SRA is way more forgiving and neutral under cornering IMHO.

What were you pushing with this setup? I've been having extreme problems with traction and this looks like a glimmer of hope. I don't mind running Nitto's but the other DR's are not friendly to daily driving.

Most of what I have heard from others in regards to traction issues is "run stickier tires". That's fine but it does not address the inadequacies of the rear suspension, a real part of the problem.

Either way, I'll certainly be adding the torque arm and panhard in a couple months.

red03dave

Established Member
What were you pushing with this setup? I've been having extreme problems with traction and this looks like a glimmer of hope. I don't mind running Nitto's but the other DR's are not friendly to daily driving.

Most of what I have heard from others in regards to traction issues is "run stickier tires". That's fine but it does not address the inadequacies of the rear suspension, a real part of the problem.

Either way, I'll certainly be adding the torque arm and panhard in a couple months.

It dyno'd at 437 hp and 456 tq on a mustang dyno, so depending on how you do your math low 500's ish - sound about right?

The reason mustang suspension has major issues is because of its 4 link setup. When you put the torque arm (TA) in you remove the UCA's and the axle can move independently with no binding because before the axle was limited by the length of the control arms (whether it moved up/down or super limited side to side). Then you add in subframes and now when you mash the gas your TA connects to the subframes and the whole front half of the car is instantly placed on the rear axle. Then add the pandhard and adjustable sway bar and you got the corners tackled too, if you had the money I would get a watts link from Grigg's or Steeda in place of the panhard but they are bank!

KingCobra10Sec

Established Member
Tick Tock Tick Tock - I want these parts so bad right now I almost feel the handling, Too bad I have a rule of not putting car parts on my credit card. Oh well guess I have to wait till pay day, sucks I only get paid once a month....

This is what I will go with for now.

Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm
Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar
Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Tie End Rod Kit (I have play in my steering wheel ever since I got the UPR K-Member in there)
UPR Lower Control Arm Kit w/ sway bar attachments (The last ones didn't include them)

and If I manage to sell some more car parts on the boards I will also get the

UPR Upper & Lower Torque Box Kit
UPR Mustang Maximum Rear Coil Over Kit

Then I should be ready to rip SAFELY.

Janstang

Established Member
Front: 14" 175lb coilovers w/Tokico Illumina Drag Struts. Full soft for the track, Full stiff for the street, no front sway bar.
Rear: MAC lowering spring-ie. stiff(came with the car when I bought it), stock rear shocks, Steeda upper and lower control arms w/poly bushings, no quad shocks, UPR anti-roll bar.
Car rides soft on the street. Corners bring body roll due to the lack of front roll bar. It will 60ft 1.30's all day long, best being a 1.32.

KingCobra10Sec

Established Member
Update:

I bought the following and all of the parts are here now
UPR Rear Coil Over Kit
UPR Extreme HD Lower Control Arms w/Tool Steel Sleeves & Hardware
MM HD Torque Arm Kit
MM Panhard Bar
(not a suspension part but would like to mention) N2MB WOTBOX (2 Step) going to launch at 15psi)

This is what I currently have
FRONT:
Eibach Pro Kit GT Springs
UPR Front Coilovers
UPR K Member
Bilstein Struts
UPR A Arms
UPR Caster Camber Plates
Steeda G Trac Bar
Steeda Strut Tower Bar

Rear:
Tokico 5 Way Adjustable Shocks
Eibach Pro Kit GT Springs
UPR Lower Control Arms Drag (Coming off PM if interested)
GT Sway Bar
Granatelli Upper Control Arms (Coming off PM if interested)

I will add the little stuff over time, my wallet needs a break from this way over budget project.

Users who are viewing this thread