Turbo really better?

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
What do you mean there are ALOT of driveability issues? 1 stalling issue is alot?

You do not need to learn how to drive the car all over again with a Hellion kit because of driveability issues. You PMed me numerous times on the issue. There is a recent post here from grey03cobra that he fixed his stalling issues by clocking the MAF. Have you tried this? I know I mentioned this to you countless times in PMs when you asked about your issues but you never said if you did this or not. Give it a shot and pull the MAF out of the coupler as much as you can. But now with all the tune changes trying to bandaid the problem, you may still continue to have stalling issues. You need to get a good tuner in person and go take the car for a ride and fix your issues. Even the best tuners may have issues getting it right through an email tune.

My car starts right up every time. No hunting idle, no stalling, nothing. The car drives better then stock and gets over 20mpg. I can drive it anywhere anytime I want without having to worry. I dont know what im doing wrong. Boy I really hate this thing

I second that. Mine drives fine, the only issue I have is I'm down on power right now but that should easily be worked out as soon as someone competent with turbos looks at it. As it is right now the car is tuned to perfection at 12psi.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I second that. Mine drives fine, the only issue I have is I'm down on power right now but that should easily be worked out as soon as someone competent with turbos looks at it. As it is right now the car is tuned to perfection at 12psi.

Did you ever post a dyno graph? Id be curious to see what it looks like

TRBO VNM

how about both? check out the hellraiser kit from hellion 1188hp w/ stock motor

there aren't a lot out yet, but I know of one coming out (Vitoman) and I have someone here that might do it, but not sure yet.

I am considering it, but it will be a while to save the money for the twin kit. I am actually paying some bills off first...hahaha. sold my current car and should have my new comp orange in about a month. can't wait.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Did you ever post a dyno graph? Id be curious to see what it looks like

I did, but here it is again.

dynorun.jpg

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
there aren't a lot out yet, but I know of one coming out (Vitoman) and I have someone here that might do it, but not sure yet.

I am considering it, but it will be a while to save the money for the twin kit. I am actually paying some bills off first...hahaha. sold my current car and should have my new comp orange in about a month. can't wait.

Damn Jason, you are worse than me. I will have to show my wife this post so she won't think I am the only one who spends lots of money on cars.

TRBO VNM

Damn Jason, you are worse than me. I will have to show my wife this post so she won't think I am the only one who spends lots of money on cars.

actually, shocking enough, aside from the mods on my 04, I haven't spent a lot really. a lot less than others. I can pm you my history with the terminators if you want. no need to put it in this thread.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
How much boost on the gauge were you seeing and what kind of timing?
Timing is 15 degrees. I don't know what the gauge was showing because I was outside the car. At the time there was no EBC and only two springs in the WG (9lb and 7lb). After the tune my boost gauge was showing 16psi. It was showing 16psi until I had the EBC installed. I figure I should just take the EBC off automatic mode and start adjusting it in manual mode (1-100 increments instead of PSI)

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
actually, shocking enough, aside from the mods on my 04, I haven't spent a lot really. a lot less than others. I can pm you my history with the terminators if you want. no need to put it in this thread.

Nah, I was just messing with you. I probably have spent more on my one car than you have on all yours:rolling:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Timing is 15 degrees. I don't know what the gauge was showing because I was outside the car. At the time there was no EBC and only two springs in the WG (9lb and 7lb). After the tune my boost gauge was showing 16psi. It was showing 16psi until I had the EBC installed. I figure I should just take the EBC off automatic mode and start adjusting it in manual mode (1-100 increments instead of PSI)

Power does seem a bit low for that amount of boost if it is indeed showing that on the gauge. How accurate is that dyno and how does the car feel? It could be a possibility that you do not have a 76 but I would guess the spool would be quicker then that if that were the case. What kind of exhaust is on the car and is there a cat on it?

Have you been back on the dyno with only 1 spring in the gate and the EBC?

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Power does seem a bit low for that amount of boost if it is indeed showing that on the gauge. How accurate is that dyno and how does the car feel? It could be a possibility that you do not have a 76 but I would guess the spool would be quicker then that if that were the case. What kind of exhaust is on the car and is there a cat on it?

Have you been back on the dyno with only 1 spring in the gate and the EBC?

I don't know about the dyno accuracy. I had it tuned in Columnia SC by some guy named Chris Tuten. He came highly recommended by a lot of people here in Charleston. The car feels strong as hell up top. A few people on this site believe I don't have a 76 but something smaller. I have a Bassani cat back and no cats.

I have not have not had it to the dyno since the install of the EBC. One thing I have noticed is my EBC starts reading boost while my pillar mounted gauge is still showing vacuum. My EBC sits at 0.0 at idle but as soon as I hit the gas to start driving it will read around .6 and go up to 1.5 or so while I am still in vacuum according to my pillar gauge.

TRBO VNM

yeah, you gotta change the routing of the vac lines for the EBC. as stated in another thread I think, change the source from that T to the intake for the brain of the EBC. then you will see boost and vac. personally there is no need for the other boost gauge, but keep it for now and see what happens. but get rid of that T fitting at the soleniod. it should be a 5 min change.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
why does the power level off like that? I would think it would keep climbing.....

That's what I've been trying to figure out. Maybe I'm pegging my MAF? I have the SCT 2400 one. I figure my tuner would have picked up on that though. If my turbo is too small maybe it's maxed out.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
yeah, you gotta change the routing of the vac lines for the EBC. as stated in another thread I think, change the source from that T to the intake for the brain of the EBC. then you will see boost and vac. personally there is no need for the other boost gauge, but keep it for now and see what happens. but get rid of that T fitting at the soleniod. it should be a 5 min change.

So, I should remove the T-fitting from the vacuum line near the soleniod, then run that thin line that goes to the brain to a vacuum source in my intake?

I swear, I am good at exhaust work and easy bolt on stuff, but this is like rocket science too me...vacuum lines, wastegates, BOV's, EBC's, solenoids, brain boxes, and turbo sizing. My head hurts.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
So, I should remove the T-fitting from the vacuum line near the soleniod, then run that thin line that goes to the brain to a vacuum source in my intake?

I swear, I am good at exhaust work and easy bolt on stuff, but this is like rocket science too me...vacuum lines, wastegates, BOV's, EBC's, solenoids, brain boxes, and turbo sizing. My head hurts.

Yes get rid of the T before the brain like I mentioned in the other post

Thats why I run a manual controller. Its super easy, twist knob and go lol.

The power leveling off is normal, mines does the same its because of the intake manifold design.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Well, yes those are nice #'s, But the Question was about $$$. I would say a 3.4 Whip on a built block could make more power at a higher boost for less $$.
Yep 5k when a whipple or KB are 1/2 the price.
Nah, My KB already makes me grow ball hairs.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread