Turbo Woes

lilsilverponey

Established Member
Any updates? Did you do any logs or check for vacuum leaks?

I wish, been swamped with work and being out of town every weekend. My goal is to datalog this week and see if I can seal the MAP/IAT sensor better. Unfortunately I don't have an air compressor to pressurize the intake. If that doesn't fix anything I'm heavily considering taking it back to rarefab to work on it since I can't find the time.

lilsilverponey

Established Member
I am attempting to REVIVE this thread from THE DEAD.

Life has thrown me multiple curve balls throughout the past few months and the car was basically forgotten about. BUT, my twin brother is getting married in November and has DROPPED THE BOMB that he would like to drive off in the stang IF READY. This was the kick in the pants I needed to hop back on the horse.

HOWEVER, this past week I managed to squeeze some time to check a few things and found the following issues:

1. Car was running like shit because when I did the previously mentioned 12PSI pull I blew off 3 vacuum lines (which are all now secured).

2. I realized the MAF sensor wasn't completely wired correctly, the IAT2 wires were never tied in, this has been fixed.

3. Took the car for a quick test run and could not build boost (only did one small pull). I DID notice that when the car reached 0 vacuum, it "bucked" like it was about to shut down like it has done before (but didn't die this time). When I got home I noticed that the boost controller wasn't on. I would assume this is the reason it couldn't build boost. I am more concerned with the car "bucking" like it did. I am still investigating why the boost controller isn't turning on.

4. A new neighbor let me borrow a nice scanner, post pull, I played around with the data streaming (car off and cold) and found the following (pictures attached!).

- Intake Air Temp 2 Volt: 489V - I am assuming I possibly wired the IAT2 wires to the MAF backwards (had to take a guess).
- MAP Sensor Voltage: 2.44V - Is this acceptable? Seems low.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Data 2.jpg
    Data 2.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 165

s351

Established Member
In your, third point, you would still be able to build boost with the controller off. It would just go off your wastegate spring. If your maf isn't wired correctly that would probably be the reason for a lot of the issues. From that picture you posted something is wrong, it's saying your IAT 2 temp is 201 that's insanely high.

Users who are viewing this thread