Turtle Wax Hybrid solutions...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating on my G-70. It's been on for about 15 months now and water beads all over, like it did on day 1. I love the stuff. Nothing sticks to it. Rubbing my finger anyway on the exterior is like sliding on smooth ice. So washing the car is easy peasy. Maybe once a month I use Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray for routine maintenance. Well, it usually ends up being maybe once every 2 months. LOL.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I have Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating on my G-70. It's been on for about 15 months now and water beads all over, like it did on day 1. I love the stuff. Nothing sticks to it. Rubbing my finger anyway on the exterior is like sliding on smooth ice. So washing the car is easy peasy. Maybe once a month I use Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray for routine maintenance. Well, it usually ends up being maybe once every 2 months. LOL.

I have ceramic on my Cobra since its a garage queen, I have my reservations about it on a DD that lives outside due to its permanence. If something goes wrong or fails I would have to compound it off, dont have to worry about that with Collonite 845 or a sealant.

*Update*
After a 4 hour road trip on Sunday there were plenty of dried up bug strikes to wash off today as well as slip solution from a tint job yesterday. Everything wiped clean with the Mckees waterless wash, was pleasantly surprised by how easy the 2 day old bugs were to remove!

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Anybody else try anything from this new line??? Just got done with the Ceramic Spray Coating on the wifes Legacy and so far so good. Its a wipe on, wipe off type product and as far as application goes Im a fan.

Time will tell how well it does against NE Ohio winters and road salt so we will see. If this goes well I want to try the one you apply as you dry. Longevity is supposed to be up to 12 months, usually wash the cars every 2 weeks with McKees 37 waterless wash. The blue Legacy has the TW Ceramic Spray coating and my silver E55 is using The Last Coat, will compare them in a few months.

I tried the Megs Hybrid Ceramic and just like Wet Coat I never cared for using the hose for application. I tried it watered down, as a drying aid, every way except as directed and it was always streaky. Its my own fault but again I just hated using a hose with Wet Coat so I never tried it.

Let me know what you guys think and plan on trying.View attachment 1610130

I have been using this for a couple of washes now and I love it. It provides every bit of shine, dirt wicking, and water beading as Opti. I have been using this exclusively as a drying aid. I have the ceramic wax too and it is very nice. Easy on and off. The car wash I do not like. It does not foam well and you have to dry quickly or it drags and makes it hard to dry.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been using this for a couple of washes now and I love it. It provides every bit of shine, dirt wicking, and water beading as Opti. I have been using this exclusively as a drying aid. I have the ceramic wax too and it is very nice. Easy on and off. The car wash I do not like. It does not foam well and you have to dry quickly or it drags and makes it hard to dry.

Ive tried to like foam cannon washes but rinsless or waterless washes are so much faster and easier for me. I might breakout the foam cannon as a post winter deep clean but even then I prefer other methods. Glad to gear youre having good experiences with the new TW stuff, what were you using previously???

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Ive tried to like foam cannon washes but rinsless or waterless washes are so much faster and easier for me. I might breakout the foam cannon as a post winter deep clean but even then I prefer other methods. Glad to gear youre having good experiences with the new TW stuff, what were you using previously???

I was using Opti-Seal and Armor-All Shield sealant you can only get from overseas now. I might try the Hybrid Solutions car wash with the foam cannon. It might work okay with that.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
My bad, I assumed when you talked about it not foaming well you were using a foam cannon. If it doesnt foam in a bucket well then I wouldnt even waste my time pulling out the pressure washer. I use to be a big time whore for Opti-Seal, TW wet wax is more durable and just as good at being a drying aid. I believe Chemical Guys make some foam cannon specific soap you may want to check out.

You should try a rinseless wash, changed my life when I lived in an apartment and have no intentions of every going back to a hose and bucket wash. Check out McKees 37 waterless wash or Duragloss Rinseless wash with Aquawax #932. I got my start with Optimum No Rinse but prefer the 2 above better, grime sticks to the wash mit with ONR and stays in the bucket with the McKees and DG932 which I prefer.

I get consistent, amazing results at anytime of the day regardless of direct sunlight, temperature or humidity when rinseless washing. All you need is 1oz of wash solution, 2 gallons of water, one bucket, one wash mit and one MF dryin towel if youre using the TW wet wax as a drying aid.

Users who are viewing this thread