TVS Coyote vs Cammed/Blown C6Z

SCalla1384

Established Member
Got a chance to get a few races in with a buddy. My car is a 14 GT M6, TVS on an 82mm pulley, 93 with a can of torco (not tuned for torco just for safety) AED tune, Kooks full exhaust, and welds 17x7 and 15x10

His C6Z is edlebrock supercharged makes around 7psi, cam (not sure on specs) and headers. Believe he said he made 640whp. I haven't dynod mine yet.

Videos aren't the best. First one is a 60 roll, me in 3rd him in 2nd. I actually jump him a c hair on this race

https://youtu.be/6TZE1Pmmoa4

Here's a 45 roll

https://youtu.be/Yt9zAcEjz7M

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good kills. Looks like he was spinning on the 45 roll. Those edlebrock superchargers are garbage.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Wow I was expecting a different outcome with his mods. IMO the next Cobra should be a SCed 5.0 with GT 350 heads.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yes, they are. My friend ditched his & slapped on a centri unit.

On 7psi and going 132 on street tires, I don't think they're that bad. There's more efficient blowers of course, but it's working.

For low 600's, why not do head/cam/i/e on the vette?

I think he's doing the heads soon. But he has plans to build the lower end anyways then more boost!

Never_Enough

Established Member
On 7psi and going 132 on street tires, I don't think they're that bad. There's more efficient blowers of course, but it's working.

For one pass. Then heat soak city. I ran my friend while he had it on his car &, while he couldn't beat me either way, his runs got worse each time. HEAT SOAK CITY.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Pretty sure the cam needs to be pretty gnarly to hit 600whp. While obviously that's very impressive, a big nasty cam ain't for everyone.

I actually had an 09 Z06 for a little bit. Was going to do the heads and a cam and shoot for high 500 whp, but ended up trading it in and bought this car.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
My h/c C6Z trapped 134, made 575whp, trapped 123 stock. A TVS Yote is nothing to take lightly but a blown/cam C6Z should be 700+ and 140+ all day. Great kill nonetheless, thanks for posting, in-cabin vids next time!

Users who are viewing this thread