TVS throwing p0222 code

silverstang9120

Established Member
Just picked up an 2011 coyote 6 speed with tvs, jlt cai, and 85 mm pulley. Was doing an wot run in third and like the throttle closed up at 6500 rpm and thru an p0222 code. Is the throttle body bad or something else. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what was the fix. Thanks for the input ahead of time.

cb900f

Established Member
Just picked up an 2011 coyote 6 speed with tvs, jlt cai, and 85 mm pulley. Was doing an wot run in third and like the throttle closed up at 6500 rpm and thru an p0222 code. Is the throttle body bad or something else. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what was the fix. Thanks for the input ahead of time.

What throttle body is on there? Stock GT500?

SILVER-BULLET

Established Member
What throttle body is on there? Stock GT500?

Stock Gt500 throttle body. Tried a new one from Ford.....No Bueno.

Car runs perfect driving around town.....WOT in 3rd.....6500....bam. Wrench light...p0222, and occasional p0122. Also threw a Service Advance Trac once.

I am digging into the extension harness for the TPS now. It's the only thing that makes any sense. The car was perfect before the TVS....no codes and ran perfect WOT all the way to redline.

BrianH87

Established Member
Yesterday I had a few issues with my TVS setup as well. Long story short, check all of the tvs extension harnesses for water. I had a ton of water stuck in my MAF sensor extension harness, causing a short and a check engine light. It's worth a quick look.

SILVER-BULLET

Established Member
Update....

I checked all added harnesses for continuity, and resistance. All good.

Noticed on the logs that the throttle was commanded closed when it was shutting.

Swapped the throttle body extension harness on a hunch...car is perfect now.

I found that the harness had been tapped into previously. A connector had been crimped on the wires for the tps/pinching the strands of the wire. The connector was probably eventually removed, and the harness taped up. The harness was used, and they probably had tapped into it for a two step or nitrous controller.

Runs like a champ now.

Big thanks to VMP for putting up with my calls about this. They spent a lot of time on the phone with me, and all I had (eventually) purchased was the harness kit for 150 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread