Twin Turbo Eboost2 Setup

johnny3gears

On3 Budget Turbo Club
Established Member
PREFACE- I am having trouble figuring out all the different vacuum distribution stuff for a turbo setup in general so any helpful links to that would be greatly appreciated. I bought a vacuum distribution block to help clean things up whenever I get it all figured out. This is for a 2011 5.0 with 67mm twins running between 5 and 10 psi [for now] if it matters.

Alrighty then, this is what I THINK should be done with my setup except for plugging both turbos and having the solenoid being fed from the intake manifold [instead of from just one of the turbos].

View attachment 57142

From Turbosmart's pdf though, it says that for V configuration engines you should have two solenoids to speed up control and reduce the amount of vacuum lines [for a twin turbo twin wastegate setup]. Anybody have any experience with the difference in response time?

They have so many ways to set stuff up in there pdf and I'm so confused lol
http://www.turbosmartusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/eBoost2-4.19-MAY-121.pdf

*Reposting this here*

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Use the dual 4 port solenoid setup. Those Mac valves can also be found on ebay for a lot cheaper than Turbosmart's price. Hook it up exactly as shown in the instructions, including tapping your compressor covers.

johnny3gears

On3 Budget Turbo Club
Established Member
This one right?

twin4port.JPG

How is using twin 4 port valves different than a single one routed to both gates supplied by the intake manifold or maf tube?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator

Doug1227

Established Member
Mine is setup with dual solenoids like shown above as well. Works perfectly. Consistent, adjustable, accurate.

Doug1227

Established Member
My Precision turbos already had a fitting on the compressor housing. BOV's I have run directly to my vacuum manifold.

johnny3gears

On3 Budget Turbo Club
Established Member
Oh alright. I guess the on3's don't come with fittings and I'll have to tap them.

What else do you have run to the vacuum block? Eboost head unit, bov, intake manifold?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Dual 4 ports give far more top end capability than the 3 port solenoids while still allowing you to back down all the way to gate pressure. 7-30 psi at the controller.

Users who are viewing this thread