Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Looks like both of your XX cars made it on Top Gears Gallery.

Very nice!

Best pic so far from the event:

b67595d58aa60e51dc13091dd2516d7a.jpg

bullitt2735

Established Member
Carbon brakes
Ben, are they carbon carbon or carbon ceramic? I have heard carbon carbon is even more consistent lap after lap but don't last very long and even more $$$$ then carbon ceramic. I'm curious if you have had experience with both types and your thoughts on the two.

Also Amazing pic!

spddmn24

Established Member
Ben, are they carbon carbon or carbon ceramic? I have heard carbon carbon is even more consistent lap after lap but don't last very long and even more $$$$ then carbon ceramic. I'm curious if you have had experience with both types and your thoughts on the two.

Also Amazing pic!
They are race cars so they would almost certainly be carbon carbon. Carbon ceramic is limited to street cars.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
They are race cars so they would almost certainly be carbon carbon. Carbon ceramic is limited to street cars.

3 years ago, people would have said the same thing about ceramics being for race cars.

Ceramics are actually not very good for street cars. They usually require heat to work their very best.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Carbon ceramic brakes are not limited to street cars. They're actually still pretty rare on street cars and race cars. Carbon-carbon brakes are still cost prohibitive for anything outside of Formula 1 and NASA (the Space Administration, not the racing series). Even people with treynor money aren't going to want to keep replacing hugely expensive carbon-carbon rotors and hugely expensive carbon-carbon pads. Carbon-carbon rotors are consumable whereas carbon ceramic rotors can last the life of the car.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Just back from a weekend at Thermal raceway. Big big fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread