• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

Discussion in 'Pics and Videos Buffet' started by treynor, Apr 9, 2012.

1. treynor

treynor Confirmed Power Junkie Established Member

Yes, not a problem, I've been driving aero cars for years now.

One of the big "secrets" of driving track cars, particularly aero cars, is that it's not really a question of nerve because you're not driving the car based on how fast you think you can go. Rather, you're driving based on the feedback you're getting from the tires and the chassis. I call it driving by feel, rather than driving by vision.

You can feel the front tires sliding across the tarmac through the steering wheel; you can feel the rear tires through the seat; you can feel the overall balance of the car (how much the front is sliding vs how much the rear is sliding) by the difference between where the car is pointing and the steering you've input. In an aero car it just feels like you have more grip in the high-speed corners, almost like you're on fresh tires or high-grip surface, and you drive to the grip available.

There's more to it, of course, but that's the basics. Aero cars make high speed turns feel like they have more grip, and you use it.

2. treynor

treynor Confirmed Power Junkie Established Member

You bet I will. That car's going to be something else.
    Here's one of the Mustang GT4 to keep you entertained in the meantime:

Stroszek, DAVESVT2000, 331 LX and 3 others like this.
  3. GT Premi

GT Premi Well known member Established Member

I know exactly what you mean with regards to "feeling" what the car is doing and listening to what it's telling you. Thanks to irresponsible experiences back in my younger days, I'm acutely aware of what a car is doing when I'm driving now. LOL Spirited driving with a passenger:

Me: Did you feel that?
    Passenger: Feel what?
    Me: Nevermind.

Great Asp likes this.
  4. 331 LX

331 LX Active Member Established Member

NVM