Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nice, but this isn't possibly a one-up on Adam's recent purchase is it?

Heavens, no - that is not how we roll. Besides, doing so would have required prescience ; we had signed on the ole dotted lines before he posted his gorgeous pics.

You should consider it evidence that great minds think alike :)

out99sider

Established Member
Treynor- theres one pic of yours with the SL, S, etc. lined up next to each other that I've used as my work Desktop background. Can we please have an updated one with all the rides lined up? Thanks in advance, its good day to day motivation.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Well he does it quite often and I know he probably doesn't HAVE to finance them, but maybe he does.

Interesting question -- depends on the length of time we'll own the car and the prevailing interest rate. For example, the Sierra offers 60 mos @ 0%. That's free money; I'll take it :) The 458 coupe was clearly a 2-year car while we waited for the convertible, and since CA doesn't offer any credit for sales tax for trade-ins, it was cheaper to lease for 2 years. The 599 we intend to keep, and Ferrari isn't offering 0%, so it was a cash purchase.

The easy answer is "we'll do whatever has the lowest overall cost for our intended use".

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Interesting question -- depends on the length of time we'll own the car and the prevailing interest rate. For example, the Sierra offers 60 mos @ 0%. That's free money; I'll take it :) The 458 coupe was clearly a 2-year car while we waited for the convertible, and since CA doesn't offer any credit for sales tax for trade-ins, it was cheaper to lease for 2 years. The 599 we intend to keep, and Ferrari isn't offering 0%, so it was a cash purchase.

The easy answer is "we'll do whatever has the lowest overall cost for our intended use".

Do you have the urge to get a "lower end," comparatively speaking, car such as a '13 GT500 or ZL1? They are both a nice chunk of money but I like to think, no matter how much money I might have, I would still have a Mustang in the garage.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Do you have the urge to get a "lower end," comparatively speaking, car such as a '13 GT500 or ZL1? They are both a nice chunk of money but I like to think, no matter how much money I might have, I would still have a Mustang in the garage.

YES - Mustangs have a special place in my heart. I really really like the '13 GT500. I test drove a '12 5.0 and thought it was a great car. My only hesitation is that I suspect I'd rarely drive it - it's a tough garage competition each morning when you're vying for attention with a McLaren, two Ferraris, two AMGs, and a V10 R8.

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
YES - Mustangs have a special place in my heart. I really really like the '13 GT500. I test drove a '12 5.0 and thought it was a great car. My only hesitation is that I suspect I'd rarely drive it - it's a tough garage competition each morning when you're vying for attention with a McLaren, two Ferraris, two AMGs, and a V10 R8.

What's auto insurance like each month at the Treynor household? Lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I have a question that needs to be answered.

Any mods planned for any of the vehicles? The R8 and 458 command exhaust mods.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
more pics of the mclaren? or still waiting delivery?

The truck is in Colorado, new ETA Friday rather than Thursday. Which is OK since it's raining here now (grumble, grumble) and forecast is clearing on Friday. Exhibit "B" is of course the McLaren, so I expect I'll have photos Friday evening.

I have a question that needs to be answered.

Any mods planned for any of the vehicles? The R8 and 458 command exhaust mods.

Shockingly, no mods planned at present. Both the R8 and 458 are limited-duration vehicles, and both don't gain much performance by tweaking them mildly. That would be another advantage of having a GT500, I suppose... :-D

Users who are viewing this thread