Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Smaller Blower

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
Alright, so I'm looking at finally diving into a twinscrew this year after paying my car off a couple months ago. Now I am trying to debate on obvisiously KB or Whipple, but this isn't a brand war thread.

My question for you guys is would you get the smaller or bigger version of the companies? I keep thinking a 2.6H or the 2.3 would be just fine, but lets say that I do catch some badluck and the motor goes out. Now I can build that up and with a bigger blower I could obiviously up the boost a lot more, and they are what...like $500 more than the smaller brother of eachother? To me, thats why I'd get the bigger one.

But I know, at least with the 3.4l, from what I've heard its really not even working hard until your in the mid-20s in psi and I am not going there on a stock motor...so that almost seems pointless to even have the bigger blower in that picture.

If you guys have any idea what I'm talking about, feel free to post lol

Thanks

Last edited:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
yea thats another thing lol, I'd love a turbo but if I do that I gotta wait like another year to rack up funds for that!

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
bigger blower requires less to make more hp. go big or go home.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Even if you have to rebuild the motor how far do you think you'll push it? My buddy has a 2.3 Whipple and laid down 685rwhp on a fresh motor with a conservative tune. Mind you he has ported heads, cams, and is running on E85, but that should give you an idea of what's possible with the "smaller" blowers.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
A 2.3L Whipple is more than enough for the street. Now as far as a track car, bigger would be better with more than 93 octane. You don't state your goal(s).

Users who are viewing this thread